11.10.06
Can Someone Please Add a Few More Hours to the Day?
It has been a whirlwind of activity here--this is the busiest I've ever been at school. My classes have kept me pretty busy, and I'm also taking yoga classes twice a week, so most of my free time is spent either studying or being catatonic. I manage to get some knitting in there every now and then, though.

I got advised for next semester a little over a week ago, and it looks like I'm going to be a junior next year. Yup, I'll be graduating a semester early, and I only have to take about 13 hours a semester to do it. No more 16-hour semesters for me, I tell you what. I'm looking forward to all of the wonderful Psychology classes that will be opened up to me next semester; now I just have to get through Psych 2990 and I'll be okay. I am not looking forward to that class; it's basically the same as 2980 (which I'm currently taking), but it's more difficult and it's worth four hours. Isn't Stat and 2980 enough? Geez. I'm not even going to be a Research psychologist anyway.

I love my French class just as much as I thought I would. We've been studying a lot of really good movies (including Amelie), and now we're on Cyrano de Bergerac, one of my favorites. I already have the DVD, so I don't have to go to the library or the SLC to watch it. M. Pendergrass is a really good professor too, but because I almost never hear him speak English, I have no idea where he's from. My best guess is that he's Canadian.

Knitting-wise, I have a few projects going on. I've been making some progress on Kacie's sweater, but because I'm working on size 3s, it's taking a little while. It's going to be gorgeous when it's done, though--the colors go together beautifully. I'm also working on a scarf for Kalan. I like being able to knit something for him while we're apart; it makes me feel closer to him whenever I'm working on it. I hope that I can finish it before Fall Break, so I need to pick up another ball of yarn sometime soon. I've also got lots of different colored skeins of yarn set aside specifically for hats; winter will be coming soon, and I'm going to be prepared this time, dammit.

I'm still incredibly into German metal right now; the latest addition to the bunch is Oomph. Their lyrics leave something to be desired, but the music is really good, not to mention addictive. I'm constantly going back to "Gott is ein Popstar" and "Traumst Du" on their most recent album, GlaubeLiebeTod. "Gott ist ein Popstar" has a pretty sweet music video, too. Everyone likes a hot Jesus.

Life at Bolton has gotten more bearable overtime. Sure, it's still boring as hell, but at least I'm not ready to bolt out of there at any given moment. I thought about becoming a blackshirt, but I realized that I really don't have the time for it; I'm hard-pressed as it is now. So, we'll see what happens there.

Labels: ,

Anonymous at 5:13 PM


  ¢ prénom:  Catherine
  ¢ âge:  Twenty-One
  ¢ berceau:  Raleigh, NC
  ¢ en ce moment:  Georgia
  ¢ poste:  crudesunlight {at} gmail {dot} com
  ¢ préféré:  Knitting, singing, playing guitar,
     writing music, collecting vinyls


amigone
Boredom Incarnate
Fantasyscape
Inner Voice
Mososo Kruppe!
Razored Wings
The Seraph's Atelier


  ¢ StarSpine Hoodie
  ¢ Gold Pullover
  ¢ Coupling


Je t'ai croisée
Un samedi soir
Et j'ai jeté sur ta silhouette
Une poignée d'épices colorées
Mon but était clair
T'envoûter
Tout en restant
Libre-moi et libre-toi
Car le roi de l'amour
N'a plus besoin d'esclaves

Adieu, adieu la nuit
Adieu tristesse, adieu les larmes
Je ne suis plus celui
Que tu as connu, plus le même
Ô bel enfant
Qui a tant pleuré
Adieu tout est fini
Adieu les larmes, adieu la nuit

Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour
Alors nous nous sommes séparés
Comme déjà saturés des délices du futur
Et j'ai marché seul
Guidé par ton ombre
J'ai traversé la ville déserte
Encore étincelante
Du voyage des rêveurs

Je t'ai croisé un samedi soir
Et déjà j'aimais l'odeur de ton rire
Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour

~Arthur H 

 
 Music
  ¢ Arthur H
  ¢ Blackfield
  ¢ Camille
  ¢ The Dissociatives
  ¢ Eisbrecher
  ¢ -M-
  ¢ Megaherz
  ¢ Nine Inch Nails
  ¢ Oomph!
  ¢ Porcupine Tree
  ¢ Silverchair
  ¢ Steven Wilson HQ
  ¢ Tweaker

 Other Links
  ¢ Craftster
  ¢ EML Studio
  ¢ Feministe
  ¢ Girls Read Comics
  ¢ Marnie Maclean
  ¢ Pandemian
  ¢ PostSecret
  ¢ Rainbow Parcel
  ¢ Stumptuous
  ¢ Tom and Lorenzo
  ¢ TWoP
  ¢ VG Cats
  ¢ Yarn Harlot
  ¢ You Knit What Part 2


site created using
Notepad and Photoshop CS
design by Lauren

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Powered by Blogger!