19.7.06
CCT: Everybody Yarngasm!
I've received several surprises from the mail over the past few days in the form of some truly delish yarn. On Monday, Kalan showed up at my door with the three skeins of sock yarn I won off Ebay (I had borrowed his screen name to order them), two of which were the German flag-colored skeins. They're all sitting lovingly by my bed, just waiting to be knitted up into warm, wooly socks.

Today, the UPS man made a drop-and-run at my doorstep (seriously--the guy was in his truck by the time I opened the door, and I was just in the den when he knocked) and I found a small box from The Knitting Garden. Inside was the two skeins of sock yarn I had ordered for myself (beautiful Regia 4-ply in Zansibar; very autumny) and just three skeins out of the ten I ordered for Kacie's sweater. I'm wary about it, but the rest should be coming in in about a week. Unfortunately, there's no way I can start on the sweater with the colors I received, so I have no choice but to wait even longer. What's weird to me is that the color Zeal that I ordered looked like a cream color on the website, but seeing it in front of me, it's actually a light green. A little bizarre, but it should still go well with the other sweater colors. I think purple. white, and green will look very springy together; I just hope that Kacie doesn't mind.

On the upside, the other color I received was Hyacinth, which actually looks more purple in real life than it did on the website (it looked more blue there). So that means it'll go better with the color scheme than I expected. Pretty nice.

Whilst waiting for the sweater yarn to arrive, I knitted an olive green hat today complete with a black and purple flower. I'm particularly proud of this hat because it's the first one I've made that actually fit me. I'd been working with patterns that didn't provide a stitch gauge before, so this time I didn't use a set pattern. I just followed the sizing formula that Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (the well-known Yarn Harlot) described in her newest book, Knitting Rules! The formula worked out perfectly, and now I have a really cute knit hat that actually fits. Hooray! I plan on making another one with that one skein of Noro Kureyon I bought a while ago.

I'm sorely tempted to cast on a new pair of socks since I have even longer to wait for my sweater yarn. I'm off to browse through some patterns.

Labels: , ,

Anonymous at 5:38 PM


  ¢ prénom:  Catherine
  ¢ âge:  Twenty-One
  ¢ berceau:  Raleigh, NC
  ¢ en ce moment:  Georgia
  ¢ poste:  crudesunlight {at} gmail {dot} com
  ¢ préféré:  Knitting, singing, playing guitar,
     writing music, collecting vinyls


amigone
Boredom Incarnate
Fantasyscape
Inner Voice
Mososo Kruppe!
Razored Wings
The Seraph's Atelier


  ¢ StarSpine Hoodie
  ¢ Gold Pullover
  ¢ Coupling


Je t'ai croisée
Un samedi soir
Et j'ai jeté sur ta silhouette
Une poignée d'épices colorées
Mon but était clair
T'envoûter
Tout en restant
Libre-moi et libre-toi
Car le roi de l'amour
N'a plus besoin d'esclaves

Adieu, adieu la nuit
Adieu tristesse, adieu les larmes
Je ne suis plus celui
Que tu as connu, plus le même
Ô bel enfant
Qui a tant pleuré
Adieu tout est fini
Adieu les larmes, adieu la nuit

Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour
Alors nous nous sommes séparés
Comme déjà saturés des délices du futur
Et j'ai marché seul
Guidé par ton ombre
J'ai traversé la ville déserte
Encore étincelante
Du voyage des rêveurs

Je t'ai croisé un samedi soir
Et déjà j'aimais l'odeur de ton rire
Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour

~Arthur H 

 
 Music
  ¢ Arthur H
  ¢ Blackfield
  ¢ Camille
  ¢ The Dissociatives
  ¢ Eisbrecher
  ¢ -M-
  ¢ Megaherz
  ¢ Nine Inch Nails
  ¢ Oomph!
  ¢ Porcupine Tree
  ¢ Silverchair
  ¢ Steven Wilson HQ
  ¢ Tweaker

 Other Links
  ¢ Craftster
  ¢ EML Studio
  ¢ Feministe
  ¢ Girls Read Comics
  ¢ Marnie Maclean
  ¢ Pandemian
  ¢ PostSecret
  ¢ Rainbow Parcel
  ¢ Stumptuous
  ¢ Tom and Lorenzo
  ¢ TWoP
  ¢ VG Cats
  ¢ Yarn Harlot
  ¢ You Knit What Part 2


site created using
Notepad and Photoshop CS
design by Lauren

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Powered by Blogger!