29.1.08
Life Thus Far
I'm here at work until midnight, and the place is almost completely deserted. It felt like a Sunday today because I slept in instead of going to class, but it was okay because we weren't doing anything I couldn't look over myself anyway. And Psych in the Workplace is boring as hell.

Kalan's been living with Lauren and me for about a month now. It's been really great having him up here in Athens. Like I've mentioned, he brought Carlee with him, which has been a trip. It took her some time to get used to the place, and she was very wary about Zizou at first. Kalan dragged the two together, and now they're inseparable--they're constantly wrestling all over the apartment. It's been really good for both of them, now that Carlee finally has a friend (Kalan's other cats tended to beat up on her) and Zizou has someone he can use up his boundless energy on. He's been knocking over the trash can a lot less, which is great for everybody.

Carlee's definitely the calmer of the two, although not the quieter. She usually keeps to herself in the rocking chair, but girl can meow up a storm. It's not loud meowing (except when Kalan's breaking out the wet cat food), but she makes these little grumpy-sounding meows every now and then, especially when I pick her up. Zizou, on the other hand, is almost completely silent; he only meows if he's distressed, which doesn't happen very often, being such a laid-back and social cat. They really love eachother, which is adorable.

Okay, enough about the cats; man, if I don't watch myself, I'm going to turn into a crazy cat lady.

Class is going fine, save the aforementioned boredom-inducing Psych in the Workplace. Eugh, I/O Psych is even duller than I thought. Reading The Mind and the Brain really makes me pine for my Cognitive Neuroscience class. Give me brains over employee training programs any day.

I'll probably be buying a car fairly soon. Kalan and I did some shopping over the weekend, and we found one at a great price online. We went to a few dealerships in Athens first, but it wasn't very fruitful; in fact, we found a dead bird hanging out of one of the used cars. Not a great selling point, if you ask me. I came really close to asking someone how much money I could get knocked off for the bird. Anyway, there's a promising one out in cyberspace, so yay.

Knitting's been a little slow, but I have been designing a hoodie with some nice yarn I got for cheap at Michael's. It's got a Fair Isle band around the hem on the bottom and will have a zipper closure. I'm writing the pattern as I go along, and so far it's turning out nice. I'll probably have pictures up in the near future.

Life's been trucking along quite nicely for me. I got the hours I wanted at work (enough of them, anyway), and I'm getting a hold on a budget so I can pay for everything and still save money every month. But first, the new episode of House is calling to me.
Anonymous at 8:53 PM


  ¢ prénom:  Catherine
  ¢ âge:  Twenty-One
  ¢ berceau:  Raleigh, NC
  ¢ en ce moment:  Georgia
  ¢ poste:  crudesunlight {at} gmail {dot} com
  ¢ préféré:  Knitting, singing, playing guitar,
     writing music, collecting vinyls


amigone
Boredom Incarnate
Fantasyscape
Inner Voice
Mososo Kruppe!
Razored Wings
The Seraph's Atelier


  ¢ StarSpine Hoodie
  ¢ Gold Pullover
  ¢ Coupling


Je t'ai croisée
Un samedi soir
Et j'ai jeté sur ta silhouette
Une poignée d'épices colorées
Mon but était clair
T'envoûter
Tout en restant
Libre-moi et libre-toi
Car le roi de l'amour
N'a plus besoin d'esclaves

Adieu, adieu la nuit
Adieu tristesse, adieu les larmes
Je ne suis plus celui
Que tu as connu, plus le même
Ô bel enfant
Qui a tant pleuré
Adieu tout est fini
Adieu les larmes, adieu la nuit

Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour
Alors nous nous sommes séparés
Comme déjà saturés des délices du futur
Et j'ai marché seul
Guidé par ton ombre
J'ai traversé la ville déserte
Encore étincelante
Du voyage des rêveurs

Je t'ai croisé un samedi soir
Et déjà j'aimais l'odeur de ton rire
Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour

~Arthur H 

 
 Music
  ¢ Arthur H
  ¢ Blackfield
  ¢ Camille
  ¢ The Dissociatives
  ¢ Eisbrecher
  ¢ -M-
  ¢ Megaherz
  ¢ Nine Inch Nails
  ¢ Oomph!
  ¢ Porcupine Tree
  ¢ Silverchair
  ¢ Steven Wilson HQ
  ¢ Tweaker

 Other Links
  ¢ Craftster
  ¢ EML Studio
  ¢ Feministe
  ¢ Girls Read Comics
  ¢ Marnie Maclean
  ¢ Pandemian
  ¢ PostSecret
  ¢ Rainbow Parcel
  ¢ Stumptuous
  ¢ Tom and Lorenzo
  ¢ TWoP
  ¢ VG Cats
  ¢ Yarn Harlot
  ¢ You Knit What Part 2


site created using
Notepad and Photoshop CS
design by Lauren

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Powered by Blogger!