28.8.07
New Year, New Additions.
Well, it's been a while, hasn't it? Moving back to Athens and going to class has taken up a lot of my time, and there's been a lot of other things going on, to boot. For starters, I got a little something before I went back to Athens:



Yup, I got a tattoo. It's healed up nicely since then, and it looks gorgeous. I plan on getting more of my back piece done over the next few months, but moving into a new apartment takes a whooole lot of money, so we'll see. This tattoo still needs to be colored in, but it's absolutely breathtaking as is; Matt from Superior Skin Art did an amazing job, and I can't thank him enough for this piece of art.

While I was unpacking, I found a knitting project that I hadn't seen in a while; remember the yoke pullover I was designing? I dug it out of the bottom of a knitting box, and I dove right into it.



I took this picture a few days ago (when I planned to update the blog originally), and since then I've finished the body and am halfway through one of the sleeves. I try it on every now and then to make sure it's fitting, and so far it's been very successful. I shaped the body to make a more fitted sweater, and fortunately I got it right on the first try. I'm a little worried I'll run out of purple before I finish the sleeves, but if I do, I'll design a small Fair Isle panel for the end of the sleeves with the green and gold cream. Though, it looks like I'll make it; I like the idea of all the Fair Isle being on top with a solid purple over the rest of the body. It's slimming, and it really makes the Fair Isle on the yoke pop against the purple. I'm really excited about this sweater, and I can't wait to see the finished product.

In addition to getting a new apartment, I also gained a new family member.



Meet Zizou (named after retired French soccer player Zinedine Zidane): he's a three-month-old kitten, and he's absolutely adorable. He's all white except for a small gray patch on the top of his head (which we joke is because he likes to headbutt things). He's the sweetest kitten I've ever seen; he erupts into purrs whenever I scoop him up, and he follows me around constantly. He's very quiet, only mewing when he's in a car or when he accidently closes himself in the bathroom. When Kalan came to visit last weekend, he sweetly brought some cat toy soccer balls for Zizou to play with. He loves toys that make noise and will chase them around the apartment when he's not passed out on the couch. Of course, he loves attention, so he gets a little disgruntled when I'm knitting. So what does he do?



He sits on my pattern notes. Oh, Zizou. As for my knitting, he did take a liking of pouncing all over it when I wasn't paying attention to him, but a little squirt of water to the side gets him running. Fortunately, it looks like he's getting the message, although he likes to get revenge on his rival.



Yeah, he's an adorable little thing until he starts jumping at the cords on my Wii. He better watch himself.

Labels:

Anonymous at 11:17 PM


  ¢ prénom:  Catherine
  ¢ âge:  Twenty-One
  ¢ berceau:  Raleigh, NC
  ¢ en ce moment:  Georgia
  ¢ poste:  crudesunlight {at} gmail {dot} com
  ¢ préféré:  Knitting, singing, playing guitar,
     writing music, collecting vinyls


amigone
Boredom Incarnate
Fantasyscape
Inner Voice
Mososo Kruppe!
Razored Wings
The Seraph's Atelier


  ¢ StarSpine Hoodie
  ¢ Gold Pullover
  ¢ Coupling


Je t'ai croisée
Un samedi soir
Et j'ai jeté sur ta silhouette
Une poignée d'épices colorées
Mon but était clair
T'envoûter
Tout en restant
Libre-moi et libre-toi
Car le roi de l'amour
N'a plus besoin d'esclaves

Adieu, adieu la nuit
Adieu tristesse, adieu les larmes
Je ne suis plus celui
Que tu as connu, plus le même
Ô bel enfant
Qui a tant pleuré
Adieu tout est fini
Adieu les larmes, adieu la nuit

Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour
Alors nous nous sommes séparés
Comme déjà saturés des délices du futur
Et j'ai marché seul
Guidé par ton ombre
J'ai traversé la ville déserte
Encore étincelante
Du voyage des rêveurs

Je t'ai croisé un samedi soir
Et déjà j'aimais l'odeur de ton rire
Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour

~Arthur H 

 
 Music
  ¢ Arthur H
  ¢ Blackfield
  ¢ Camille
  ¢ The Dissociatives
  ¢ Eisbrecher
  ¢ -M-
  ¢ Megaherz
  ¢ Nine Inch Nails
  ¢ Oomph!
  ¢ Porcupine Tree
  ¢ Silverchair
  ¢ Steven Wilson HQ
  ¢ Tweaker

 Other Links
  ¢ Craftster
  ¢ EML Studio
  ¢ Feministe
  ¢ Girls Read Comics
  ¢ Marnie Maclean
  ¢ Pandemian
  ¢ PostSecret
  ¢ Rainbow Parcel
  ¢ Stumptuous
  ¢ Tom and Lorenzo
  ¢ TWoP
  ¢ VG Cats
  ¢ Yarn Harlot
  ¢ You Knit What Part 2


site created using
Notepad and Photoshop CS
design by Lauren

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Powered by Blogger!