3.7.07
CCT2: Raise the White Flag.
The Wedding Afghan is kicking my ass.

The wedding itself is less than three weeks away, and I've finally been able to admit to myself that this afghan is not going to be done in time. I'm only about fifteen inches into the second panel (out of sixty-five), and I have a whole third panel to knit, not to mention the edging I was planning on adding to the final pattern. So, it won't be finished for the wedding, and I have no one to blame but myself. Oh, how could I go running off with shrugs and dishcloths and charity squares and neglect such a huge responsibility? Besides my ADD tendencies and natural unfaithfulness to knitted goods (except for the glorious Golden Shrug--I stuck by it the whole time), the Wedding Afghan was just plain starting to hurt me.

See, it's on US size 11 needles, which isn't huge, but it's a little bit of a hindrance when one has such tiny hands and wrists as I. Plus, those panels get pretty heavy after knitting on them for a while (thank God for circular needles!), and I woke up one morning with a very sharp and throbbing pain going through both of my forearms, all the way to my wrists. The pain lasted into the next day when I finally took some pain medicine. After that, I was a little put off by the Wedding afghan, and I didn't touch it for a few days for fear the pain would come back. It really hurts to cross one stitch behind three to make those cables travel--takes a bit of elbow grease.

I've been knitting on it today, and I still hope to complete it as soon as possible. At the very least, now that I'm not on such a tight deadline, I have time to add all the extra touches I was planning. It's going to be gorgeous when it's done, and I'll be more than happy to present it to Dad and Lisa then.

Otherwise, there's been work, complete with dealing with very interesting customers. Most of the time, our customers are very normal, polite people, but being a lingerie store, we also get some strange ones. I've been having a good time hanging out with Kalan, too. We're planning on going to visit Peter in Valdosta this Saturday, and I can't wait to see him! I really liked having him here in Columbus, so I'm glad he'll be back here for a week or two before heading off to Athens. I hope a lot of our friends can come too. Road trip!

I've been missing Lauren, and I'm happy Kalan and I are going to bring her to Columbus for the weekend next Friday. Mom and Stan are going to see her tomorrow; I would like to go too, but I have to work, and they'll be going to Gainesville as well. Dad wants us to sing a song together at his wedding (he has a penchant for cheesy things), so we'll have a chance to practice together when she's here next weekend. He also wants me to sing a song on my own, so I've been practicing them for the past few days. Thanks to years of what I suspect is acid reflux (mmm, the taste of stomach acid in my throat!), my voice isn't the strongest, so I'm trying to practice and beef it up. He picked a rather powerhouse song, so we'll see how it goes. I'm just glad it's not a country song.

Toodles!

Labels:

Anonymous at 5:14 PM


  ¢ prénom:  Catherine
  ¢ âge:  Twenty-One
  ¢ berceau:  Raleigh, NC
  ¢ en ce moment:  Georgia
  ¢ poste:  crudesunlight {at} gmail {dot} com
  ¢ préféré:  Knitting, singing, playing guitar,
     writing music, collecting vinyls


amigone
Boredom Incarnate
Fantasyscape
Inner Voice
Mososo Kruppe!
Razored Wings
The Seraph's Atelier


  ¢ StarSpine Hoodie
  ¢ Gold Pullover
  ¢ Coupling


Je t'ai croisée
Un samedi soir
Et j'ai jeté sur ta silhouette
Une poignée d'épices colorées
Mon but était clair
T'envoûter
Tout en restant
Libre-moi et libre-toi
Car le roi de l'amour
N'a plus besoin d'esclaves

Adieu, adieu la nuit
Adieu tristesse, adieu les larmes
Je ne suis plus celui
Que tu as connu, plus le même
Ô bel enfant
Qui a tant pleuré
Adieu tout est fini
Adieu les larmes, adieu la nuit

Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour
Alors nous nous sommes séparés
Comme déjà saturés des délices du futur
Et j'ai marché seul
Guidé par ton ombre
J'ai traversé la ville déserte
Encore étincelante
Du voyage des rêveurs

Je t'ai croisé un samedi soir
Et déjà j'aimais l'odeur de ton rire
Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour

~Arthur H 

 
 Music
  ¢ Arthur H
  ¢ Blackfield
  ¢ Camille
  ¢ The Dissociatives
  ¢ Eisbrecher
  ¢ -M-
  ¢ Megaherz
  ¢ Nine Inch Nails
  ¢ Oomph!
  ¢ Porcupine Tree
  ¢ Silverchair
  ¢ Steven Wilson HQ
  ¢ Tweaker

 Other Links
  ¢ Craftster
  ¢ EML Studio
  ¢ Feministe
  ¢ Girls Read Comics
  ¢ Marnie Maclean
  ¢ Pandemian
  ¢ PostSecret
  ¢ Rainbow Parcel
  ¢ Stumptuous
  ¢ Tom and Lorenzo
  ¢ TWoP
  ¢ VG Cats
  ¢ Yarn Harlot
  ¢ You Knit What Part 2


site created using
Notepad and Photoshop CS
design by Lauren

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Powered by Blogger!