20.7.07
CCT2: I've Got Wires.
It's late, and I haven't packed. I know I need to, but I'm feeling very contemplative right now. There are a lot of things running through my mind, and I'm not really sure how to sort through them. I've had to process a good bit of information today.

I took some pictures a few minutes ago, but it seems like my camera feels the same way I do; none of the pictures really came out right. The flash was too bright, the picture too blurry--every picture looked off, somehow. I fixed what I could on Photoshop, but they didn't turn out too great.


Finally, a picture of my record player. My pride and joy.


I prefer to keep concert tickets inside it, where I know they'll be safe.


A beautiful scarf I bought in Atlanta when Kalan and I picked up Lauren. This picture does it absolutely no justice, believe me.


And the newest addition to the family: Stella. She's a stray Kalan's dad found in the road after she had gotten hit by a car, so we took her in. Kalan's family and I all take care of her, so she's pretty much all of our's. She'll be mine and Kalan's when he brings her with him up to Athens, hopefully in the spring. She's very sweet, and she reminds me very much of Cassie, my old pet.

I've been fixated on Athlete's "Wires" tonight. The song hooked me the first time I heard it; it hit me somewhere deep. Finally in my computer, I plugged myself into my good headphones and listened to it properly. Damn, does that song make me cry. Even before I learned what it was about (the premature birth of lead singer Joel Potts's child), something about it spoke to a very private part of my subconcious. It's cold, isolated, poignant, and a very deep blue. With bits of pale blue all in it.

Ah, but I need to be up and awake early tomorrow (or rather, later today), so I must go and pack. It would be good to have everything ready and not to rush.
Anonymous at 2:07 AM


  ¢ prénom:  Catherine
  ¢ âge:  Twenty-One
  ¢ berceau:  Raleigh, NC
  ¢ en ce moment:  Georgia
  ¢ poste:  crudesunlight {at} gmail {dot} com
  ¢ préféré:  Knitting, singing, playing guitar,
     writing music, collecting vinyls


amigone
Boredom Incarnate
Fantasyscape
Inner Voice
Mososo Kruppe!
Razored Wings
The Seraph's Atelier


  ¢ StarSpine Hoodie
  ¢ Gold Pullover
  ¢ Coupling


Je t'ai croisée
Un samedi soir
Et j'ai jeté sur ta silhouette
Une poignée d'épices colorées
Mon but était clair
T'envoûter
Tout en restant
Libre-moi et libre-toi
Car le roi de l'amour
N'a plus besoin d'esclaves

Adieu, adieu la nuit
Adieu tristesse, adieu les larmes
Je ne suis plus celui
Que tu as connu, plus le même
Ô bel enfant
Qui a tant pleuré
Adieu tout est fini
Adieu les larmes, adieu la nuit

Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour
Alors nous nous sommes séparés
Comme déjà saturés des délices du futur
Et j'ai marché seul
Guidé par ton ombre
J'ai traversé la ville déserte
Encore étincelante
Du voyage des rêveurs

Je t'ai croisé un samedi soir
Et déjà j'aimais l'odeur de ton rire
Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour

~Arthur H 

 
 Music
  ¢ Arthur H
  ¢ Blackfield
  ¢ Camille
  ¢ The Dissociatives
  ¢ Eisbrecher
  ¢ -M-
  ¢ Megaherz
  ¢ Nine Inch Nails
  ¢ Oomph!
  ¢ Porcupine Tree
  ¢ Silverchair
  ¢ Steven Wilson HQ
  ¢ Tweaker

 Other Links
  ¢ Craftster
  ¢ EML Studio
  ¢ Feministe
  ¢ Girls Read Comics
  ¢ Marnie Maclean
  ¢ Pandemian
  ¢ PostSecret
  ¢ Rainbow Parcel
  ¢ Stumptuous
  ¢ Tom and Lorenzo
  ¢ TWoP
  ¢ VG Cats
  ¢ Yarn Harlot
  ¢ You Knit What Part 2


site created using
Notepad and Photoshop CS
design by Lauren

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Powered by Blogger!