2.6.07
CCT2: Conspiracy?
Alas, there was no time for knitting today. It's been a rather long and busy day, and I am exhausted. I continued to be responsible by getting up early this morning to work out. Since I would be going to work today, I decided to cycle for only twenty minutes today instead of my typical +30, rounding it off with a little yoga before Kristen and I went home. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that I would be kept for my on-call at work.

Yup; instead of the nice short four-and-a-half hour shift, I got to stay in the mall for a wonderful nine hours. Now, I've done my fair share of eight-hour shifts, but those are typically shifts that I'm aware of before I get to work. I found out about an hour before I should've gotten off that one of my coworkers had called in sick, so my manager asked me to stay until close. I was pretty bummed for the first hour or so, but then I was glad I stayed; we were so busy tonight, I would've felt bad for leaving. Besides, I get paid pretty well, so it's good to get a little more cash.

The thing is, I immediately regretted cycling this morning after the first few hours on my feet. By the time I got off work at 10 tonight, I was hobbling my way out of the mall. Kalan was sweet and got me a Frosty float at Wendy's on the way home. Those things are pretty damn good, by the way.

So, sadly, I haven't gotten a stitch of knitting in today. I was hoping to finish the Silk Shrug in a few days so I wouldn't take too much time away from the Wedding Afghan, but it seems that I'm being prevented. Tomorrow is my rest day of the week, so I don't have to get up early to exercise. I'll probably stay up a bit later tonight and knit on the shrug. Hopefully I won't fall asleep in the process.

Labels: ,

Anonymous at 11:47 PM


  ¢ prénom:  Catherine
  ¢ âge:  Twenty-One
  ¢ berceau:  Raleigh, NC
  ¢ en ce moment:  Georgia
  ¢ poste:  crudesunlight {at} gmail {dot} com
  ¢ préféré:  Knitting, singing, playing guitar,
     writing music, collecting vinyls


amigone
Boredom Incarnate
Fantasyscape
Inner Voice
Mososo Kruppe!
Razored Wings
The Seraph's Atelier


  ¢ StarSpine Hoodie
  ¢ Gold Pullover
  ¢ Coupling


Je t'ai croisée
Un samedi soir
Et j'ai jeté sur ta silhouette
Une poignée d'épices colorées
Mon but était clair
T'envoûter
Tout en restant
Libre-moi et libre-toi
Car le roi de l'amour
N'a plus besoin d'esclaves

Adieu, adieu la nuit
Adieu tristesse, adieu les larmes
Je ne suis plus celui
Que tu as connu, plus le même
Ô bel enfant
Qui a tant pleuré
Adieu tout est fini
Adieu les larmes, adieu la nuit

Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour
Alors nous nous sommes séparés
Comme déjà saturés des délices du futur
Et j'ai marché seul
Guidé par ton ombre
J'ai traversé la ville déserte
Encore étincelante
Du voyage des rêveurs

Je t'ai croisé un samedi soir
Et déjà j'aimais l'odeur de ton rire
Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour

~Arthur H 

 
 Music
  ¢ Arthur H
  ¢ Blackfield
  ¢ Camille
  ¢ The Dissociatives
  ¢ Eisbrecher
  ¢ -M-
  ¢ Megaherz
  ¢ Nine Inch Nails
  ¢ Oomph!
  ¢ Porcupine Tree
  ¢ Silverchair
  ¢ Steven Wilson HQ
  ¢ Tweaker

 Other Links
  ¢ Craftster
  ¢ EML Studio
  ¢ Feministe
  ¢ Girls Read Comics
  ¢ Marnie Maclean
  ¢ Pandemian
  ¢ PostSecret
  ¢ Rainbow Parcel
  ¢ Stumptuous
  ¢ Tom and Lorenzo
  ¢ TWoP
  ¢ VG Cats
  ¢ Yarn Harlot
  ¢ You Knit What Part 2


site created using
Notepad and Photoshop CS
design by Lauren

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Powered by Blogger!