25.5.07
CCT2: A Whirlwind of Activity.
I've had quite a bit to do lately, and I've spent almost none of it online. I spent most of the week working, but I also managed to hang out with some friends, too. In fact, Peter, Ivette, Geimer, Rachel, Kalan, and I all played a crazy round of Monopoly on Wednesday, with Jon on the sidelines. Ivette, Rachel, and I decided to band together and form the Conglomerate against Kalan and Geimer while Peter started out as an independent. When Kalan made Peter pay him a lot of money for landing on his property (the Conglomerate absolved him of his debt when he landed on one of ours), Peter joined the Conglomerate, and it was a showdown between us and the Partnership of Kalan and Geimer. By the end of the night, we were nowhere near done; we had an equal amount of property, but the Conglomerate had much more money, so I think we won in the end. Kalan and Geimer put up a pretty good fight, though.

I've finished a few projects over the week I haven't been blogging; for instance, I knit up the Saturday Market bag a few days ago, and it turned out very nicely. It's holding some food I bought earlier today, but I plan on taking it with me the next time I go shopping. I also finished my Halley's Comet Slouch hat that I've had in the works for a while--it's basically Marnie MacLean's Halley's Comet Hat redesigned into a slouchy hat, and it looks really cute. I knit it out of cotton, so it's even slouchier than the brown hat I knit a while ago. I've been making progress on the wedding afghan, and I hope to get this first panel done by the end of the month. Hopefully I can get the other two panels done by the end of June so I'll have all of the first half of July to get it sewn together and add any embellishments I might want.

What about pictures of these things, you might be asking? Unfortunately, I can't find my camera cord, so I can't upload any pictures into my computer right now. I promise to post some as soon as I can find that thing.

I had a rather long day last Wednesday. It started with an opening shift at work; I had to be at the mall by 8:30 am, which isn't crazy early, but early enough that I had to make an effort to get up on time to get ready. I got off work at 2:00 pm and went immediately to the doctor's for a basic checkup. I was a little late because my appointment was right at 2:00, but fortunately I didn't have to wait as long as I thought in the waiting room. After the initial basic tests, the nurse led me to one of the examination rooms to wait for my doctor to talk about medication, etc. I sat in a chair and waited, expecting him to come in in about ten minutes or so like always. The room was silent except for the "wonderful" sound of Sunny 100 drifting through a speaker on the ceiling. After around thirty minutes, I began to wonder where my doctor was; I'd never had to wait for him for this long before. I expected him to come at any minute, so I continued to sit there in the middle of the room, my brain slowly turning to mush from the radio.

After sitting there for fifty minutes, I decided that this must be what hell is like--sitting in an examination room for an eternity, listening to Sunny 100. I wondered if maybe they forgot I was there; that my doctor wasn't coming at all? A note on the door that implored me not to leave the room until "a nurse came to release [me]" kept me from poking my head out and making sure someone knew I was there. I was beginning to seriously nod off as a result of getting up earlier than usual and not having eaten anything since 7:30 that morning, so I moved to a chair against the wall and leafed through a magazine to keep myself awake. Finally, after an hour alone in that room, my doctor finally came in. It turns out he had to readjust his schedule today because he had attended a funeral. We talked for a grand total of twenty minutes before he wrote me a prescription and sent me on my way.

I was basically a zombie after that, so the huge dinner I had at Golden Chopsticks with all my friends did me a lot of good. I love that restaurant to death, and I'm glad it's getting a good amount of traffic. They definitely have some of the best Korean food I've ever tasted.

I've got an eight-hour work day ahead of me tomorrow, so I'm going to relax some tonight while I can. Hopefully I'll have the will power to get to bed early tonight so I'll have enough energy to get me through the day. I'll be there all day tomorrow, so if you're in Columbus, come pay me a visit.

Labels: , ,

Anonymous at 8:43 PM


  ¢ prénom:  Catherine
  ¢ âge:  Twenty-One
  ¢ berceau:  Raleigh, NC
  ¢ en ce moment:  Georgia
  ¢ poste:  crudesunlight {at} gmail {dot} com
  ¢ préféré:  Knitting, singing, playing guitar,
     writing music, collecting vinyls


amigone
Boredom Incarnate
Fantasyscape
Inner Voice
Mososo Kruppe!
Razored Wings
The Seraph's Atelier


  ¢ StarSpine Hoodie
  ¢ Gold Pullover
  ¢ Coupling


Je t'ai croisée
Un samedi soir
Et j'ai jeté sur ta silhouette
Une poignée d'épices colorées
Mon but était clair
T'envoûter
Tout en restant
Libre-moi et libre-toi
Car le roi de l'amour
N'a plus besoin d'esclaves

Adieu, adieu la nuit
Adieu tristesse, adieu les larmes
Je ne suis plus celui
Que tu as connu, plus le même
Ô bel enfant
Qui a tant pleuré
Adieu tout est fini
Adieu les larmes, adieu la nuit

Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour
Alors nous nous sommes séparés
Comme déjà saturés des délices du futur
Et j'ai marché seul
Guidé par ton ombre
J'ai traversé la ville déserte
Encore étincelante
Du voyage des rêveurs

Je t'ai croisé un samedi soir
Et déjà j'aimais l'odeur de ton rire
Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour

~Arthur H 

 
 Music
  ¢ Arthur H
  ¢ Blackfield
  ¢ Camille
  ¢ The Dissociatives
  ¢ Eisbrecher
  ¢ -M-
  ¢ Megaherz
  ¢ Nine Inch Nails
  ¢ Oomph!
  ¢ Porcupine Tree
  ¢ Silverchair
  ¢ Steven Wilson HQ
  ¢ Tweaker

 Other Links
  ¢ Craftster
  ¢ EML Studio
  ¢ Feministe
  ¢ Girls Read Comics
  ¢ Marnie Maclean
  ¢ Pandemian
  ¢ PostSecret
  ¢ Rainbow Parcel
  ¢ Stumptuous
  ¢ Tom and Lorenzo
  ¢ TWoP
  ¢ VG Cats
  ¢ Yarn Harlot
  ¢ You Knit What Part 2


site created using
Notepad and Photoshop CS
design by Lauren

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Powered by Blogger!