31.5.07
CCT2: Walkies - Food = Not Recommended.
Columbus has been very busy ever since I got home--I'm so surprised at how fast the days are going by. May is drawing to a close, and I'm nowhere near finishing the first panel of the wedding afghan.



I'm maybe halfway through--miles and miles of latticework, my friends. And did I mention that working with two strands of yarn can be a real bitch sometimes? And, of course, I have not been faithful to this project in the least. In the time I've been working on the wedding afghan, I've started and finished numerous projects, and I'm on a huge dishcloth kick right now (and I have no idea why). You see this?



It's the silk/cotton blend I bought during Kalan's and my anniversary back in March, and I'm turning it into the Silk Shrug from Erika Knight's Classic Knits. I cast it on two nights ago (technically yesterday). I knit most of the back while watching the Shear Genius marathon on Bravo--and as an aside, wasn't that a fantastic show? No annoying bitches, no manufactured drama, just a fun watch. Pretty much everything Top Design wasn't, really. Congrats to Anthony for winning it all. Also, I think I'm in love with Tabatha.

Please don't get too excited by these pictures--I still haven't found my camera cord. these are just pictures I had saved into my computer. You'll have to view the splendor of the golden Silk Shrug later.

Kalan, Peter, Ivette, and I went to Flatrock today, and I had a good time. Unfortunately, I hadn't eaten much that day, so once we had walked pretty far into the park, my energy took a nosedive. I felt like a zombie until we got some dinner at Subway, which made me miss Jimmy Johns all the more. Peter offered to get dessert, so we trekked over to the new Bruster's and bought us all a pint of Peanut Butter Puddle ice cream, which was ten different kinds of delicious. We arrived at my house just as the D&D episode of Dexter's Lab was coming on on the den TV that my step-brothers had left on. I miss the old episodes of that show; if they put them on DVD, I would buy it in a heartbeat. Good nostalgia there.

Silverchair are going to tour the US soon, and I wonder if they'll be coming to the southeast as well. From what I gather, it's supposed to be a pretty thorough tour. I've never seen them in concert (they haven't toured America since 1999, save the occasional concert in New York), and it would be so exciting to go. They should be announcing the tour dates soon, so I'll be watching closely.

Tomorrow's going to be another full day as well. I'm going to the gym with Kristen in the morning, then spending the rest of the morning with Kalan; meeting Peter for lunch at Golden Chopsticks, then catching up with Ivette when she gets off work so we can all go to the Asian grocery store. We tried out a lot of really tasty snacks from there a few days ago (and I got some nice Chinese herbal tea as well), so we'll probably try something else tomorrow. I love the ice cream omochi cakes especially.

I didn't get to knit at all today, so I'm going to get a few rows in before I go to bed tonight. Goodnight, everyone.

Labels: ,

Anonymous at 11:22 PM


  ¢ prénom:  Catherine
  ¢ âge:  Twenty-One
  ¢ berceau:  Raleigh, NC
  ¢ en ce moment:  Georgia
  ¢ poste:  crudesunlight {at} gmail {dot} com
  ¢ préféré:  Knitting, singing, playing guitar,
     writing music, collecting vinyls


amigone
Boredom Incarnate
Fantasyscape
Inner Voice
Mososo Kruppe!
Razored Wings
The Seraph's Atelier


  ¢ StarSpine Hoodie
  ¢ Gold Pullover
  ¢ Coupling


Je t'ai croisée
Un samedi soir
Et j'ai jeté sur ta silhouette
Une poignée d'épices colorées
Mon but était clair
T'envoûter
Tout en restant
Libre-moi et libre-toi
Car le roi de l'amour
N'a plus besoin d'esclaves

Adieu, adieu la nuit
Adieu tristesse, adieu les larmes
Je ne suis plus celui
Que tu as connu, plus le même
Ô bel enfant
Qui a tant pleuré
Adieu tout est fini
Adieu les larmes, adieu la nuit

Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour
Alors nous nous sommes séparés
Comme déjà saturés des délices du futur
Et j'ai marché seul
Guidé par ton ombre
J'ai traversé la ville déserte
Encore étincelante
Du voyage des rêveurs

Je t'ai croisé un samedi soir
Et déjà j'aimais l'odeur de ton rire
Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour

~Arthur H 

 
 Music
  ¢ Arthur H
  ¢ Blackfield
  ¢ Camille
  ¢ The Dissociatives
  ¢ Eisbrecher
  ¢ -M-
  ¢ Megaherz
  ¢ Nine Inch Nails
  ¢ Oomph!
  ¢ Porcupine Tree
  ¢ Silverchair
  ¢ Steven Wilson HQ
  ¢ Tweaker

 Other Links
  ¢ Craftster
  ¢ EML Studio
  ¢ Feministe
  ¢ Girls Read Comics
  ¢ Marnie Maclean
  ¢ Pandemian
  ¢ PostSecret
  ¢ Rainbow Parcel
  ¢ Stumptuous
  ¢ Tom and Lorenzo
  ¢ TWoP
  ¢ VG Cats
  ¢ Yarn Harlot
  ¢ You Knit What Part 2


site created using
Notepad and Photoshop CS
design by Lauren

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Powered by Blogger!