19.4.07
Winding Down.
What a nice relaxing day today. I woke up feeling amazing (rare), went to my one class of the day, went to work for a few hours, and hung out with Lauren and Peter. Fortunately, I was able to get off work tomorrow so I will be making it to the Vampire Party! It's going to be so great; from what I've heard, Randy, Collin, and Peter are really going all out with the decorations. This thing will be huge.

Frank Warren (the creator of Post Secret) was speaking at the Tate Theater on Tuesday, so I went to that. Active Minds was sponsoring it, so I got to talk to Neil for a little bit before the thing started. It was really interesting to hear Frank talk about how he started collecting people's secrets and his thoughts on why people would trust him with them. It was also interesting to learn that one of his postcards is in his first book as well. I bought his first book (his first three were on sale) and got it autographed after he finished speaking. The whole night was great and it was definitely worth more than the five bucks I paid for a ticket.



I wanted a mindless project to work on today, so I dug up the one ball of yarn I saved from returning home with the rest of my stash (sniff) and crocheted me a money pouch. It's basically just two crocheted circles with a zipper sewn in, but it's crazy handy. It's a bitch to get change out of my wallet because the change pocket is so tiny, and this money pouch is a lot easier to use. Plus, it's just big enough that I can put my ID, debit card, some dollar bills, and/or my keys in if I don't want to bring my entire purse somewhere (like a concert or downstairs to the vending machine--I am a vending machine whore). Order yours now for only $9.95! Tch, it would be awesome if I could sell these for ten bucks--it probably cost me $1.50 at the most to make, and that includes the zipper price. And it took like two hours to crochet and sew together, if that much. I love quick little projects like this to break up the more involved ones.

One more week of class to go, then finals. I can't say I'm really that stressed out, which feels really good. I feel confident that I'll be making good grades in all my classes, and I have my work schedule during finals week all planned out. Should be fairly smooth sailing to the end of this year.

Labels:

Anonymous at 10:38 PM


  ¢ prénom:  Catherine
  ¢ âge:  Twenty-One
  ¢ berceau:  Raleigh, NC
  ¢ en ce moment:  Georgia
  ¢ poste:  crudesunlight {at} gmail {dot} com
  ¢ préféré:  Knitting, singing, playing guitar,
     writing music, collecting vinyls


amigone
Boredom Incarnate
Fantasyscape
Inner Voice
Mososo Kruppe!
Razored Wings
The Seraph's Atelier


  ¢ StarSpine Hoodie
  ¢ Gold Pullover
  ¢ Coupling


Je t'ai croisée
Un samedi soir
Et j'ai jeté sur ta silhouette
Une poignée d'épices colorées
Mon but était clair
T'envoûter
Tout en restant
Libre-moi et libre-toi
Car le roi de l'amour
N'a plus besoin d'esclaves

Adieu, adieu la nuit
Adieu tristesse, adieu les larmes
Je ne suis plus celui
Que tu as connu, plus le même
Ô bel enfant
Qui a tant pleuré
Adieu tout est fini
Adieu les larmes, adieu la nuit

Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour
Alors nous nous sommes séparés
Comme déjà saturés des délices du futur
Et j'ai marché seul
Guidé par ton ombre
J'ai traversé la ville déserte
Encore étincelante
Du voyage des rêveurs

Je t'ai croisé un samedi soir
Et déjà j'aimais l'odeur de ton rire
Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour

~Arthur H 

 
 Music
  ¢ Arthur H
  ¢ Blackfield
  ¢ Camille
  ¢ The Dissociatives
  ¢ Eisbrecher
  ¢ -M-
  ¢ Megaherz
  ¢ Nine Inch Nails
  ¢ Oomph!
  ¢ Porcupine Tree
  ¢ Silverchair
  ¢ Steven Wilson HQ
  ¢ Tweaker

 Other Links
  ¢ Craftster
  ¢ EML Studio
  ¢ Feministe
  ¢ Girls Read Comics
  ¢ Marnie Maclean
  ¢ Pandemian
  ¢ PostSecret
  ¢ Rainbow Parcel
  ¢ Stumptuous
  ¢ Tom and Lorenzo
  ¢ TWoP
  ¢ VG Cats
  ¢ Yarn Harlot
  ¢ You Knit What Part 2


site created using
Notepad and Photoshop CS
design by Lauren

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Powered by Blogger!