25.4.07
Countdown to Finals Week: Not as Exciting as It Sounds.
All of my scholastic responsibilities are officially done with save my finals next week--and it feels good. Sure, I nearly pulled an all-nighter finishing those damned extra credit problems for 2990 (come on, I didn't think they would take three freaking hours to finish, even if they were all t-tests and one-way ANOVA. Without SPSS.) and cracking open my textbook to study for my Abnormal Psych test (which I started studying for at 2:00 am--problem? I don't have a problem!), but I got it done, dammit. I wish I could provide you with a perfectly good reason why I didn't get down to business until 11:00 pm last night, but alas, I cannot. What was I doing all day yesterday? I got sucked into this blog and I could NOT pull myself away. I will take any excuse to be lazy; it's a sad, sad thing. And now I have another website on which to waste my productive hours.

Unfortunately, I finally admitted to myself that I will not be able to finish Pomatomus by the end of the month. Depressing as it is, I got caught up in way too many side projects to finish in time, not to mention the iminent finals coming up. I'm still on the foot of the first sock, and I'm not picking up any momentum here. Tonight is a good TV night though, so I should be able to knock quite a bit of it out when I get off work. Perhaps if I knit like a madwoman I could get them done, but I don't think I have the energy for it. I must conserve for finals!

I had the pleasure of experiencing not one but two moments of jubilation yesterday. The first was when the music DVDs I ordered last week came in--and a lot earlier than I expected. Bravo, Amazon, bravo. The first one is Porcupine Tree's "Arriving Somewhere," a DVD of their 2005 Deadwing tour. I can't wait to have the free time to watch this baby so I can relive all the great moments from that tour; not to mention cry once more over the fact that they're not coming anywhere near the southeast for the Fear of a Blank Planet tour. Why have you forsaken me, PT? Why?

The second DVD I ordered is a DVD surround sound version of Tweaker's second album 2 a.m. Wakeup Call, my favorite of the two. Each song has it's own little animation/slide show, so I'm looking forward to watching that. Good knitting time, and a really cool way to re-experience an album that I adore. Which reminds me, what the hell is Chris Vrenna doing right now anyway? The Tweaker website hasn't been updated in forever, and there hasn't been any mention of a new album. I really hope there's more to come, because I like what I've been hearing.

I mentioned the Vampire Party in my last entry, but what I didn't talk about was the fact that my camera disappeared over the course of the night. I was especially unhappy about it because I was the only person at the party who took pictures throughout the night, and I really wanted them. So, Collin sent a mass e-mail out to everyone who went to the party asking if anyone had found it/picked it up (we're thinking Lauren accidently put it in the wrong bag when I asked her to put the camera away). And folks, my faith in humanity has been restored: I found out yesterday that someone had responded to Collin's e-mail, and Peter returned the camera to me safe and sound last night. Jubilations! Everything is intact, including the pictures. I might post a few later tonight when I get home; then you will get the full effect of the awesomeness that was the Vampire Party.

Labels:

Anonymous at 5:53 PM


  ¢ prénom:  Catherine
  ¢ âge:  Twenty-One
  ¢ berceau:  Raleigh, NC
  ¢ en ce moment:  Georgia
  ¢ poste:  crudesunlight {at} gmail {dot} com
  ¢ préféré:  Knitting, singing, playing guitar,
     writing music, collecting vinyls


amigone
Boredom Incarnate
Fantasyscape
Inner Voice
Mososo Kruppe!
Razored Wings
The Seraph's Atelier


  ¢ StarSpine Hoodie
  ¢ Gold Pullover
  ¢ Coupling


Je t'ai croisée
Un samedi soir
Et j'ai jeté sur ta silhouette
Une poignée d'épices colorées
Mon but était clair
T'envoûter
Tout en restant
Libre-moi et libre-toi
Car le roi de l'amour
N'a plus besoin d'esclaves

Adieu, adieu la nuit
Adieu tristesse, adieu les larmes
Je ne suis plus celui
Que tu as connu, plus le même
Ô bel enfant
Qui a tant pleuré
Adieu tout est fini
Adieu les larmes, adieu la nuit

Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour
Alors nous nous sommes séparés
Comme déjà saturés des délices du futur
Et j'ai marché seul
Guidé par ton ombre
J'ai traversé la ville déserte
Encore étincelante
Du voyage des rêveurs

Je t'ai croisé un samedi soir
Et déjà j'aimais l'odeur de ton rire
Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour

~Arthur H 

 
 Music
  ¢ Arthur H
  ¢ Blackfield
  ¢ Camille
  ¢ The Dissociatives
  ¢ Eisbrecher
  ¢ -M-
  ¢ Megaherz
  ¢ Nine Inch Nails
  ¢ Oomph!
  ¢ Porcupine Tree
  ¢ Silverchair
  ¢ Steven Wilson HQ
  ¢ Tweaker

 Other Links
  ¢ Craftster
  ¢ EML Studio
  ¢ Feministe
  ¢ Girls Read Comics
  ¢ Marnie Maclean
  ¢ Pandemian
  ¢ PostSecret
  ¢ Rainbow Parcel
  ¢ Stumptuous
  ¢ Tom and Lorenzo
  ¢ TWoP
  ¢ VG Cats
  ¢ Yarn Harlot
  ¢ You Knit What Part 2


site created using
Notepad and Photoshop CS
design by Lauren

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Powered by Blogger!