27.3.07
Fuzzy Letters.
Reading is giving me a real headache; the words always look fuzzy to me, and I have to really concentrate to read them. I hope it's because I haven't been getting as much sleep as I should. Damn if I need to look into some glasses.

Speaking of which, I still need to look into some non-prescription ones for sewing. I've read way too many stories of sewing machine needles breaking and ending up in someone's eye to use my machine without protective eyewear. That would be more than one story I've read of that happening. Yikes.

Of course, I threw caution to the wind a few days ago when I sewed the lining in for my knitting bag, which is completely done now by the way. I finished knitting it up and sewing it together before Spring Break but didn't get around to the lining until last week. I thought I had left all my bobbins at home, but it turns out they were in a bag above my closet. The thing looks real spiffy now with that lining.

Lauren and I spent a good part of yesterday psyching ourselves up for the more expensive apartment at River Mill, since all the plan Cs were taken before we could snag one. We headed over to the River Mill office to get an application, and, like I do every time we go there (for the hell of it, really), I asked them if any plan Cs had opened up. I was met with a "Yes, actually," and all I could do was look at her and go: ". . . what?"

So now Lauren and I have the apartment we've been wanting for the past three months. It's a reasonable price and perfectly located where we can walk to class and work without relying on any bus or car pooler. All of a sudden, my biggest stressor has been lifted off my shoulders, and it's come so fast I don't think I've processed it yet. Whew!

The yoke pullover is coming along beautifully. I knit the yoke just a tad too long, so I'm going to have to rip back a couple of rows and redesign the bottom of it to fit. This pullover's going to be more fitted than the typical yoke pullover or bohus, since I don't wear loose knits very well. The purple against the gold cream, green, and dark brown of the yoke looks so lovely.

Still enchanted by Blackfield's second album. Still waiting on Silverchair's Young Modern (March 30) and Porcupine Tree's Fear of a Blank Planet (April 24, christ) to get here already. I can hardly take the waiting!

Labels: ,

Anonymous at 12:32 PM


  ¢ prénom:  Catherine
  ¢ âge:  Twenty-One
  ¢ berceau:  Raleigh, NC
  ¢ en ce moment:  Georgia
  ¢ poste:  crudesunlight {at} gmail {dot} com
  ¢ préféré:  Knitting, singing, playing guitar,
     writing music, collecting vinyls


amigone
Boredom Incarnate
Fantasyscape
Inner Voice
Mososo Kruppe!
Razored Wings
The Seraph's Atelier


  ¢ StarSpine Hoodie
  ¢ Gold Pullover
  ¢ Coupling


Je t'ai croisée
Un samedi soir
Et j'ai jeté sur ta silhouette
Une poignée d'épices colorées
Mon but était clair
T'envoûter
Tout en restant
Libre-moi et libre-toi
Car le roi de l'amour
N'a plus besoin d'esclaves

Adieu, adieu la nuit
Adieu tristesse, adieu les larmes
Je ne suis plus celui
Que tu as connu, plus le même
Ô bel enfant
Qui a tant pleuré
Adieu tout est fini
Adieu les larmes, adieu la nuit

Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour
Alors nous nous sommes séparés
Comme déjà saturés des délices du futur
Et j'ai marché seul
Guidé par ton ombre
J'ai traversé la ville déserte
Encore étincelante
Du voyage des rêveurs

Je t'ai croisé un samedi soir
Et déjà j'aimais l'odeur de ton rire
Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour

~Arthur H 

 
 Music
  ¢ Arthur H
  ¢ Blackfield
  ¢ Camille
  ¢ The Dissociatives
  ¢ Eisbrecher
  ¢ -M-
  ¢ Megaherz
  ¢ Nine Inch Nails
  ¢ Oomph!
  ¢ Porcupine Tree
  ¢ Silverchair
  ¢ Steven Wilson HQ
  ¢ Tweaker

 Other Links
  ¢ Craftster
  ¢ EML Studio
  ¢ Feministe
  ¢ Girls Read Comics
  ¢ Marnie Maclean
  ¢ Pandemian
  ¢ PostSecret
  ¢ Rainbow Parcel
  ¢ Stumptuous
  ¢ Tom and Lorenzo
  ¢ TWoP
  ¢ VG Cats
  ¢ Yarn Harlot
  ¢ You Knit What Part 2


site created using
Notepad and Photoshop CS
design by Lauren

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Powered by Blogger!