27.12.06
A Musical Christmas.
So I feel like Christmas went by with a WHOOSH over my head like some cracked-out hummingbird and I barely had time to glance at it and go "Hm. Christmas." It was a weird, warm, rainy Christmas, but it still had its perks. I got some nice clothes, some pretty jewelry, and some fun computer games, but the very first present that I laid my eyes on that morning was and is my most precious present I've received to date: my lovely record player.

It's a beautiful thing--a fairly large box with a faux wood finish that also plays CDs and cassette tapes (do cassettes even exist anymore?). And a beautiful, tiny needle. Every time I look at that gorgeous record player I feel a rush of joy and wonder--such a wonderful vintage technology.

Vinyls themselves amaze me; to think one can record soundwaves into the grooves of an object and extract them with a tiny metal or glass needle. And it's such a beauty to watch in action, too. The needle looks so peaceful, steadily tracing each vinyl in a slow, contemplative spiral until finally clicking to a stop when it reaches the center.

I've had some vinyls for a while and I've been looking for a record player so I could listen to them--I'm very surprised that Mom and Stan remembered I wanted one. I can't wait to get some more vinyls for it. I don't know why, but the record player adds something to music that really makes it more entrancing. Unfortunately, I have no batteries for my digital camera right now, so I'll have to post a picture of it later.

But I assure you, it certainly is a beautiful thing.
Anonymous at 2:41 AM


  ¢ prénom:  Catherine
  ¢ âge:  Twenty-One
  ¢ berceau:  Raleigh, NC
  ¢ en ce moment:  Georgia
  ¢ poste:  crudesunlight {at} gmail {dot} com
  ¢ préféré:  Knitting, singing, playing guitar,
     writing music, collecting vinyls


amigone
Boredom Incarnate
Fantasyscape
Inner Voice
Mososo Kruppe!
Razored Wings
The Seraph's Atelier


  ¢ StarSpine Hoodie
  ¢ Gold Pullover
  ¢ Coupling


Je t'ai croisée
Un samedi soir
Et j'ai jeté sur ta silhouette
Une poignée d'épices colorées
Mon but était clair
T'envoûter
Tout en restant
Libre-moi et libre-toi
Car le roi de l'amour
N'a plus besoin d'esclaves

Adieu, adieu la nuit
Adieu tristesse, adieu les larmes
Je ne suis plus celui
Que tu as connu, plus le même
Ô bel enfant
Qui a tant pleuré
Adieu tout est fini
Adieu les larmes, adieu la nuit

Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour
Alors nous nous sommes séparés
Comme déjà saturés des délices du futur
Et j'ai marché seul
Guidé par ton ombre
J'ai traversé la ville déserte
Encore étincelante
Du voyage des rêveurs

Je t'ai croisé un samedi soir
Et déjà j'aimais l'odeur de ton rire
Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour

~Arthur H 

 
 Music
  ¢ Arthur H
  ¢ Blackfield
  ¢ Camille
  ¢ The Dissociatives
  ¢ Eisbrecher
  ¢ -M-
  ¢ Megaherz
  ¢ Nine Inch Nails
  ¢ Oomph!
  ¢ Porcupine Tree
  ¢ Silverchair
  ¢ Steven Wilson HQ
  ¢ Tweaker

 Other Links
  ¢ Craftster
  ¢ EML Studio
  ¢ Feministe
  ¢ Girls Read Comics
  ¢ Marnie Maclean
  ¢ Pandemian
  ¢ PostSecret
  ¢ Rainbow Parcel
  ¢ Stumptuous
  ¢ Tom and Lorenzo
  ¢ TWoP
  ¢ VG Cats
  ¢ Yarn Harlot
  ¢ You Knit What Part 2


site created using
Notepad and Photoshop CS
design by Lauren

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Powered by Blogger!