6.7.06
CCT: One Sun Sets and One Rises . . .
I'm still mourning Germany's loss to Italy on Tuesday; I did not expect it in the least. I'd assumed that Germany would naturally make it to the finals. Italy's proved to be an amazing team, scoring the winning goals within the last thirty seconds of overtime. I can't believe the winner and the runner up teams of the last World Cup are both out of this one, but I suppose it happens. At least I'll be able to see them play one last time during the third place match this Saturday.

Fortunately, they'll be playing Portugal, because France won against them yesterday. It was a great game, and I'm very excited that France has made it to the finals. I'm cheering for them all the way; the final game this Sunday should be amazing. Don't miss it, no matter what!

I went to Destin Monday and Tuesday to spend time with Dad, Eric, Kristen, and Lisa and her family at the beach. It was nice, and the beach was gorgeous; unfortunately, I managed to burn the hell out of myself during my one single afternoon on the actual beach. I slathered on SPF 48 sunscreen several times while I was out there and still managed to get mauled by the sun. Fortunately I had the forsight to pack a skirt to wear on Tuesday so I wasn't in as much pain as I could have been with pants. I've been taking really hot showers and slathering myself with intensive healing mosturizer to get the sunburns to heal as quickly as possible. Thankfully they've already started to fade a little. Apparently Lu doesn't like me very much.

Eric had a full day of driving to look forward to on Tuesday, so I drove us back to Columbus from Dothon, Florida. We got back home at 7:30, so Eric just grabbed some leftover lasagna and went on his way back to Athens. Kalan and I are taking a weekend off at the end of July to spend some time in Atlanta and visit Lauren, Seamus, and Eric in Athens when Lauren gets off work. I'm really looking forward to it; I haven't seen Lauren and Seamus's kitties yet, and my favorite yarn store in Atlanta's expanded. I've saved some money just for yarn, and I can't wait to browse. I also want to look for a good drop spindle, cards, and roving because I want to get into spinning. I may end up making my own spindle, but we'll see if I find anything in Atlanta. I can't wait!

Music news: Porcupine Tree have been posting dates for their tour to promote their new concert DVD. If I remember correctly, I think they're only going to five cities in the USA, but I hope that's not true. I'd really like for them to come back to Georgia. Plus, they're making plans to release a new album in 2007, so keep that in mind! I know I'm looking forward to it. Aaaand, (could things get any better?), Steven Wilson and Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth are planning on collaborating on a music project. Unfortunately, both are too busy to do anything now, but plans are being made. They're musical love child shall be a sight to behold.
Anonymous at 7:43 PM


  ¢ prénom:  Catherine
  ¢ âge:  Twenty-One
  ¢ berceau:  Raleigh, NC
  ¢ en ce moment:  Georgia
  ¢ poste:  crudesunlight {at} gmail {dot} com
  ¢ préféré:  Knitting, singing, playing guitar,
     writing music, collecting vinyls


amigone
Boredom Incarnate
Fantasyscape
Inner Voice
Mososo Kruppe!
Razored Wings
The Seraph's Atelier


  ¢ StarSpine Hoodie
  ¢ Gold Pullover
  ¢ Coupling


Je t'ai croisée
Un samedi soir
Et j'ai jeté sur ta silhouette
Une poignée d'épices colorées
Mon but était clair
T'envoûter
Tout en restant
Libre-moi et libre-toi
Car le roi de l'amour
N'a plus besoin d'esclaves

Adieu, adieu la nuit
Adieu tristesse, adieu les larmes
Je ne suis plus celui
Que tu as connu, plus le même
Ô bel enfant
Qui a tant pleuré
Adieu tout est fini
Adieu les larmes, adieu la nuit

Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour
Alors nous nous sommes séparés
Comme déjà saturés des délices du futur
Et j'ai marché seul
Guidé par ton ombre
J'ai traversé la ville déserte
Encore étincelante
Du voyage des rêveurs

Je t'ai croisé un samedi soir
Et déjà j'aimais l'odeur de ton rire
Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour

~Arthur H 

 
 Music
  ¢ Arthur H
  ¢ Blackfield
  ¢ Camille
  ¢ The Dissociatives
  ¢ Eisbrecher
  ¢ -M-
  ¢ Megaherz
  ¢ Nine Inch Nails
  ¢ Oomph!
  ¢ Porcupine Tree
  ¢ Silverchair
  ¢ Steven Wilson HQ
  ¢ Tweaker

 Other Links
  ¢ Craftster
  ¢ EML Studio
  ¢ Feministe
  ¢ Girls Read Comics
  ¢ Marnie Maclean
  ¢ Pandemian
  ¢ PostSecret
  ¢ Rainbow Parcel
  ¢ Stumptuous
  ¢ Tom and Lorenzo
  ¢ TWoP
  ¢ VG Cats
  ¢ Yarn Harlot
  ¢ You Knit What Part 2


site created using
Notepad and Photoshop CS
design by Lauren

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Powered by Blogger!