14.6.06
CCT: A New Development!
Things are starting to pick up around here. First, I officially have a job! Last week I applied at a few places in the mall on a whim. The next day, I got a call from Victoria's Secret for an interview. I passed, and I start this Friday. It looks like I'll anjoy working there; my fellow employees are agreeable, and I have no problem being a sales associate. The only thing is that it's just part time, so I won't be making as much money as I had hoped, but at least I'll be making some, right? I'm very grateful that I finally snagged a job.

On another cool note, I finished my plaid sweater last week. I haven't taken a picture of it yet, but I'll be sure to post one once I do. I've been working on the Prairie Tunic from the Spring 2006 issue of Interweave Knits, and it's looking fantastic. The cotton yarn I'm using (Patons Grace in Champagne) is incredibly soft; the only problem is that I'm off row gauge by a half a row per inch. Doesn't sound like much, but think about it; being off by half a row per one inch means I'm also off two rows per four inches which can really add up on an item of clothing. Fortunately since I'm just off row gauge instead of stitch gauge, I can just add rows as needed. The pattern is gorgeous, and I look forward to when I can wear it.

As many of you know, the FIFA World Cup started last Friday. I've been watching just about every game since then, and it has been fantastic. The Germany v. Poland game today was the epitome of World Cup greatness; it was exciting, passionate, suspenseful, and absolutely amazing. There were so many times when goals were so close to being scored (remember the end when the ball kept hitting the goal frame? Holy crap, I almost had a heart attack), and then during fuckin' stoppage time at the very end of the game Germany nailed it with a beautiful rocket past the Polish goalie. Damn, it was amazing. I'm looking forward to the England v. Trinidad & Tobago game tomorrow; hopefully the English team will put a little more pep in their step. Their first match against Ghana was not very impressive. It was a win, but a sort of half-assed one.

Believe me, I could talk about the World Cup for hours at a time, but I'll spare you the review of the past 16 or so games. Although, France? Step it up, people. You know you can do better than that. (Can I get a Trezeguet?)

Aaaanyway, Kalan's been loving his new job. That's right; he was finally able to escape Carmike and got a nice job at the Columbus Coffee Company. He's working more hours like he wanted and he gets free drip coffee and half price on everything else. I'm very happy for him. To Kalan, freedom tastes like coffee.

Labels:

Anonymous at 11:06 PM


  ¢ prénom:  Catherine
  ¢ âge:  Twenty-One
  ¢ berceau:  Raleigh, NC
  ¢ en ce moment:  Georgia
  ¢ poste:  crudesunlight {at} gmail {dot} com
  ¢ préféré:  Knitting, singing, playing guitar,
     writing music, collecting vinyls


amigone
Boredom Incarnate
Fantasyscape
Inner Voice
Mososo Kruppe!
Razored Wings
The Seraph's Atelier


  ¢ StarSpine Hoodie
  ¢ Gold Pullover
  ¢ Coupling


Je t'ai croisée
Un samedi soir
Et j'ai jeté sur ta silhouette
Une poignée d'épices colorées
Mon but était clair
T'envoûter
Tout en restant
Libre-moi et libre-toi
Car le roi de l'amour
N'a plus besoin d'esclaves

Adieu, adieu la nuit
Adieu tristesse, adieu les larmes
Je ne suis plus celui
Que tu as connu, plus le même
Ô bel enfant
Qui a tant pleuré
Adieu tout est fini
Adieu les larmes, adieu la nuit

Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour
Alors nous nous sommes séparés
Comme déjà saturés des délices du futur
Et j'ai marché seul
Guidé par ton ombre
J'ai traversé la ville déserte
Encore étincelante
Du voyage des rêveurs

Je t'ai croisé un samedi soir
Et déjà j'aimais l'odeur de ton rire
Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour

~Arthur H 

 
 Music
  ¢ Arthur H
  ¢ Blackfield
  ¢ Camille
  ¢ The Dissociatives
  ¢ Eisbrecher
  ¢ -M-
  ¢ Megaherz
  ¢ Nine Inch Nails
  ¢ Oomph!
  ¢ Porcupine Tree
  ¢ Silverchair
  ¢ Steven Wilson HQ
  ¢ Tweaker

 Other Links
  ¢ Craftster
  ¢ EML Studio
  ¢ Feministe
  ¢ Girls Read Comics
  ¢ Marnie Maclean
  ¢ Pandemian
  ¢ PostSecret
  ¢ Rainbow Parcel
  ¢ Stumptuous
  ¢ Tom and Lorenzo
  ¢ TWoP
  ¢ VG Cats
  ¢ Yarn Harlot
  ¢ You Knit What Part 2


site created using
Notepad and Photoshop CS
design by Lauren

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Powered by Blogger!