24.5.06
CCT: Buried Alive by . . . Applications!
Application Total: Seven. Mom doesn't think I'm getting them fast enough, so she's taking me out today to find more places to apply. Not how I want to spend my night. I mean, if she wants me to get more applications, I'll get some more (although I have no idea how many she wants me to get until it's enough), but Christ, I don't want her to come with me. Please, just let me do it on my own. If she's thinks I'm digging my own grave by not applying to every store in Columbus, then dammit, let me dig my own grave and learn the lesson myself. The last thing I want to do right now is patrol stores looking for a job with my mom in tow. Someone help me, please.

On the upside, I totally ruled in Monopoly last night. That's right--Jon, Rachel, Geimer, Junior, Kalan and I got through an entire game of Monopoly. And I owned. Everyone. Bwahaha! Man, I haven't played that game in over a decade. It's a lot more fun than I remember; maybe that's because I won. But yeah, last night was fun. We went over to Geimer's and spent forever trying to figure out what to do until we settled on getting pizza and playing Monopoly. I don't know how long we played it, but I know it was a looong time. I knew I would miss the season finale of House, so I called home and asked Kristen if she could record it for me. She did exactly what I expected--she forgot. She managed to get the last half of it, but what's the point of watching the last half when you haven't seen the first? I just read the recaplet for it on Television Without Pity and man, am I bummed I missed it. Sounds messed up. I'll probably watch what got recorded tonight.

I haven't been knitting much over the past few days. I'm almost done with the back of that plaid sweater, and the tube top is completely knitted and blocked. The problem with the tube top is that it is really big somehow. I'm not sure how it happened; I checked my gauge with a swatch, did all the calculations for the measurements, and it's still huge. Hopefully when I sew the elastic in the top it won't look too bad. The price of knitting--running the risk of wasting all those hours by a yarn freakout or miscalculation.

Grandmother sent me some money today, which was incredibly sweet of her. I sent her a thank-you e-mail as soon as I got it. I'll probably deposit it tomorrow; as soon as I get Kacie's measurements, I can more than likely order that yarn for her sweater soon. I need to mail Lauren hers as well.

Speaking of Lauren and mail, when she left for Athens on Sunday, she ended up taking both her phone and mine by accident. She mailed it off to me on Monday, and I got it back today. Now people can actually reach me again. Lauren got a job up there already, so I'm incredibly happy for her. Now she can actually stay in Athens all summer! I tell you, being in Athens for the summer is sounding more and more appealing. If only I could kidnap Kalan and take him with me!

Labels:

Anonymous at 2:38 PM


  ¢ prénom:  Catherine
  ¢ âge:  Twenty-One
  ¢ berceau:  Raleigh, NC
  ¢ en ce moment:  Georgia
  ¢ poste:  crudesunlight {at} gmail {dot} com
  ¢ préféré:  Knitting, singing, playing guitar,
     writing music, collecting vinyls


amigone
Boredom Incarnate
Fantasyscape
Inner Voice
Mososo Kruppe!
Razored Wings
The Seraph's Atelier


  ¢ StarSpine Hoodie
  ¢ Gold Pullover
  ¢ Coupling


Je t'ai croisée
Un samedi soir
Et j'ai jeté sur ta silhouette
Une poignée d'épices colorées
Mon but était clair
T'envoûter
Tout en restant
Libre-moi et libre-toi
Car le roi de l'amour
N'a plus besoin d'esclaves

Adieu, adieu la nuit
Adieu tristesse, adieu les larmes
Je ne suis plus celui
Que tu as connu, plus le même
Ô bel enfant
Qui a tant pleuré
Adieu tout est fini
Adieu les larmes, adieu la nuit

Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour
Alors nous nous sommes séparés
Comme déjà saturés des délices du futur
Et j'ai marché seul
Guidé par ton ombre
J'ai traversé la ville déserte
Encore étincelante
Du voyage des rêveurs

Je t'ai croisé un samedi soir
Et déjà j'aimais l'odeur de ton rire
Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour

~Arthur H 

 
 Music
  ¢ Arthur H
  ¢ Blackfield
  ¢ Camille
  ¢ The Dissociatives
  ¢ Eisbrecher
  ¢ -M-
  ¢ Megaherz
  ¢ Nine Inch Nails
  ¢ Oomph!
  ¢ Porcupine Tree
  ¢ Silverchair
  ¢ Steven Wilson HQ
  ¢ Tweaker

 Other Links
  ¢ Craftster
  ¢ EML Studio
  ¢ Feministe
  ¢ Girls Read Comics
  ¢ Marnie Maclean
  ¢ Pandemian
  ¢ PostSecret
  ¢ Rainbow Parcel
  ¢ Stumptuous
  ¢ Tom and Lorenzo
  ¢ TWoP
  ¢ VG Cats
  ¢ Yarn Harlot
  ¢ You Knit What Part 2


site created using
Notepad and Photoshop CS
design by Lauren

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Powered by Blogger!