15.11.05
Responsibility, Where Art Thou?
I'm a horrible, horrible procrastinator. There are so many assignments due this week that I'm doing at the last minute, it's not even funny. For example, I have a library assignment dur tomorrow at 3:35. When do I plan on doing it? Tomorrow before class starts. I'm a bad person.

I need to pull myself out of this laziness slump I've gotten myself into. I'm hoping the Thanksgiving break will allow me to get my bearings together so I can finish up the semester the right way. I'm going to try to work ahead with some assignments so they don't start piling up on me.

I miss my laptop so much. Mom hasn't sent me the warranty for it yet; I'm pretty sure she forgot. It won't turn on at all, and it's depressing me. At least when the CD drive came out, I could still use the rest of the laptop, but now I can't get to anything inside it. It's probably just going to be easier to either get it fixed in Columbus or bring the warranty back up here myself when the break's over. I hope it doesn't take too incredibly long to get it fixed.

I'm excited to say that I finished all the granny squares for my latest afghan on Saturday. All I need to do now is sew it together, but it's taking a long time. I've sewed together two rows so far, and I plan on working on it more tonight. It's looking gorgeous; I'll be sure to post a picture of it soon.

I've got work tonight. I hope I get the waffle bar or tables so I can socialize while I work. Fortunately, I haven't been put in the dishroom lately (probably because Mike knows I hate it), so I'm guessing I'll be on waffle bar, tables, or ice cream tonight. All of which I don't mind, but I would like a job that allows me to roam around a little. I don't like the dishroom because it's very hot back there, and the part-timers blast R&B music, which I can't stand. Plus, the pulper's back there, so it doesn't smell very good. I much prefer the open air of the main floor to the stuffiness of the dishroom. There are a few upsides to being in the dishroom, though; you constantly have something to do, so time flies, and you tend to be done faster than those on the main floor (no cart-cleaning or helping with the pot sink people). But, those aren't good enough upsides to me. I like being able to walk around and talk to people.

Kalan came up to visit me this weekend! I was so happy. We were glued to eachother the entire weekend; we had a good amount of private time and hangout time with everyone else. The only irritating part of the weekend was finding a parking space; because of the Georgia Auburn game, it was nearly impossible to get one. After a few hours of searching, Kalan and I finally found one in front of O-House. It was stressful, but Kalan helped me feel better. He was going to leave at 5:00 on Sunday, but we all wanted him to stay longer (me especially), so he stayed with me one more night and left after breakfast on Monday. I was very sad when he left; I'm just happy I'll be seeing him again during the Thanksgiving break.

Mary and I were talking about how much we've changed since we left high school. It's amazing how far away my high school years seem; I guess UGA does that. I love living up here in Athens, and I don't miss those years at all. I would like to visit Columbus High sometime and see all the changes. I'd like to visit some of my old teachers, too. A lot of them have left; Mrs. Tymniak's in Texas, Mme Chuites moved to South Carolina, Mr. Orr's retiring this year. It's pretty interesting. I would like to see how Mr. Cypert is doing and if Broda has lost any more hair.

Columbus doesn't feel like home anymore; Athens does.

Labels:

Anonymous at 2:22 PM


  ¢ prénom:  Catherine
  ¢ âge:  Twenty-One
  ¢ berceau:  Raleigh, NC
  ¢ en ce moment:  Georgia
  ¢ poste:  crudesunlight {at} gmail {dot} com
  ¢ préféré:  Knitting, singing, playing guitar,
     writing music, collecting vinyls


amigone
Boredom Incarnate
Fantasyscape
Inner Voice
Mososo Kruppe!
Razored Wings
The Seraph's Atelier


  ¢ StarSpine Hoodie
  ¢ Gold Pullover
  ¢ Coupling


Je t'ai croisée
Un samedi soir
Et j'ai jeté sur ta silhouette
Une poignée d'épices colorées
Mon but était clair
T'envoûter
Tout en restant
Libre-moi et libre-toi
Car le roi de l'amour
N'a plus besoin d'esclaves

Adieu, adieu la nuit
Adieu tristesse, adieu les larmes
Je ne suis plus celui
Que tu as connu, plus le même
Ô bel enfant
Qui a tant pleuré
Adieu tout est fini
Adieu les larmes, adieu la nuit

Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour
Alors nous nous sommes séparés
Comme déjà saturés des délices du futur
Et j'ai marché seul
Guidé par ton ombre
J'ai traversé la ville déserte
Encore étincelante
Du voyage des rêveurs

Je t'ai croisé un samedi soir
Et déjà j'aimais l'odeur de ton rire
Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour

~Arthur H 

 
 Music
  ¢ Arthur H
  ¢ Blackfield
  ¢ Camille
  ¢ The Dissociatives
  ¢ Eisbrecher
  ¢ -M-
  ¢ Megaherz
  ¢ Nine Inch Nails
  ¢ Oomph!
  ¢ Porcupine Tree
  ¢ Silverchair
  ¢ Steven Wilson HQ
  ¢ Tweaker

 Other Links
  ¢ Craftster
  ¢ EML Studio
  ¢ Feministe
  ¢ Girls Read Comics
  ¢ Marnie Maclean
  ¢ Pandemian
  ¢ PostSecret
  ¢ Rainbow Parcel
  ¢ Stumptuous
  ¢ Tom and Lorenzo
  ¢ TWoP
  ¢ VG Cats
  ¢ Yarn Harlot
  ¢ You Knit What Part 2


site created using
Notepad and Photoshop CS
design by Lauren

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Powered by Blogger!