17.7.05
Now that I've broken free from the addictive snares of yarn and crochet hooks, I can once again communicate with the world before my uncompleted afghan finds me. I finished my rainbow one two weeks ago I think (summer days seem to meld together), and I'm very happy with it. It took me a little over a month to finish, and it's nice and warm. I like to snuggle into it at night in my Lazy Boy when I'm too lazy to go to bed. Right now I'm making an afghan for Mom because she's been asking me to make her one. I'm using a very lacy diamond trellis pattern in a dark wine red, and it already looks beautiful. It's going to be great when it's done.

Like I said before, most of my days have been full of crocheting, and not too much else. I do see the outside world every now and then though, thanks to my walks to the fitness room over in the Woodlands and Kalan. I don't know how many times I've gone to Hobby Lobby in the past few weeks, but I'm sure the employees jump for joy when I walk inside. I nearly always come out with a huge bundle of yarn or some new crochet hooks. I bought a size Q crochet hook recently, which is big enough to be a weapon.

So, Trent released a new music video recently for "Only" off the new album. Unfortunately, it's not one of my favorite songs from the start, and I just wasn't impressed with the video. It takes place in an office, and it's basically Trent in one of those nails in a box office toy things, which got old pretty quickly. It was a surprisingly tame video; unfortunately, Trent seems to be making it a habit to be bland. Come on, Trent! I know you can do better than this!

Speaking of Nine Inch Nails, tickets for the second leg of their tour went on sale yesterday at 10:00 am. I have the DVD for their 2000 tour, "And All That Could Have Been," and it is absolutely fantastic, so I went on Ticket Master to see how much the tickets were. Unfortunately, I was spoiled by the Porcupine Tree concert (only $15), because I was surprised to see that they were $45 each. Sadly, I'm going to have to pass on this one. I need to save for college as well as for when Porcupine Tree comes back in the fall.

I've been long overdue to talk about the incredibly kickass time I had at the Porcupine Tree concert, I know, but I still need to upload the pictures I took, so I'll try to recount it soon.

Labels: ,

Anonymous at 5:56 PM


  ¢ prénom:  Catherine
  ¢ âge:  Twenty-One
  ¢ berceau:  Raleigh, NC
  ¢ en ce moment:  Georgia
  ¢ poste:  crudesunlight {at} gmail {dot} com
  ¢ préféré:  Knitting, singing, playing guitar,
     writing music, collecting vinyls


amigone
Boredom Incarnate
Fantasyscape
Inner Voice
Mososo Kruppe!
Razored Wings
The Seraph's Atelier


  ¢ StarSpine Hoodie
  ¢ Gold Pullover
  ¢ Coupling


Je t'ai croisée
Un samedi soir
Et j'ai jeté sur ta silhouette
Une poignée d'épices colorées
Mon but était clair
T'envoûter
Tout en restant
Libre-moi et libre-toi
Car le roi de l'amour
N'a plus besoin d'esclaves

Adieu, adieu la nuit
Adieu tristesse, adieu les larmes
Je ne suis plus celui
Que tu as connu, plus le même
Ô bel enfant
Qui a tant pleuré
Adieu tout est fini
Adieu les larmes, adieu la nuit

Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour
Alors nous nous sommes séparés
Comme déjà saturés des délices du futur
Et j'ai marché seul
Guidé par ton ombre
J'ai traversé la ville déserte
Encore étincelante
Du voyage des rêveurs

Je t'ai croisé un samedi soir
Et déjà j'aimais l'odeur de ton rire
Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour

~Arthur H 

 
 Music
  ¢ Arthur H
  ¢ Blackfield
  ¢ Camille
  ¢ The Dissociatives
  ¢ Eisbrecher
  ¢ -M-
  ¢ Megaherz
  ¢ Nine Inch Nails
  ¢ Oomph!
  ¢ Porcupine Tree
  ¢ Silverchair
  ¢ Steven Wilson HQ
  ¢ Tweaker

 Other Links
  ¢ Craftster
  ¢ EML Studio
  ¢ Feministe
  ¢ Girls Read Comics
  ¢ Marnie Maclean
  ¢ Pandemian
  ¢ PostSecret
  ¢ Rainbow Parcel
  ¢ Stumptuous
  ¢ Tom and Lorenzo
  ¢ TWoP
  ¢ VG Cats
  ¢ Yarn Harlot
  ¢ You Knit What Part 2


site created using
Notepad and Photoshop CS
design by Lauren

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Powered by Blogger!