13.2.05
Sugar is a Force to be Reckoned With.
Yesterday was quite a busy day for me; my morning began with going to Kristen's lacrosse game at 11:00. It was pretty long, but it wasn't bad. I recognized a lot of people on the team that I knew, including Laura, Aileen, and Abbey. Watching Mr. Kochin and Mrs. Chuites run up and down the field for two and a half hours was entertaining as well. I got home at around 2:00 and got ready for Kalan to come over at three. Eric arrived on Friday, and I was going to play tennis with him and Dad, but we just didn't have enough time today.

Since Kalan has to work on Monday, we decided to celebrate Valentine's Day yesterday. He gave me a beautiful little porcelain mask with black lace trimming and all sorts of other stuff on it, some gummi bears from the German gift shop, a glass I've been wanting, and the Rider Tarot Deck that I've been lusting after for weeks now. I really appreciate all the presents he gave me; I put the mask up on my mirror immediately, and the Tarot deck is safely tucked away with the others. We went to Carrabba's after I restrung my Takemine acoustic/electric for an early dinner. Afterwards, we hund out at the apartment until we left for Jon's with Lauren in tow sometime after 5:00.

When we got to the dorms, we saw Rachel, Junior, Kim, and Quita. We said hi to everyone and tried to figure out when Jon was getting off work. We trekked up to his dorm, but for some reason, Quita and Kim didn't come with us. Justin met us at the door, and we hung out until Jon returned. Geimer arrived with a really pretty heart-shaped pound cake he had made that had accidently split down the middle, which I thought was funny. Geimer, Kalan, and Lauren left to get food and the necessary items for Jon's drinks while the band got together and practiced. We banged out "Vanity is My Favorite Parasite," working out most of the kinks. We played around with a few more of the songs I wrote, but I'm not sure which one we'll officially be working on next.

Geimer, Kalan, and Lauren finally got back about three hours later. After a little while more of practicing, we gathered around in the kitchen and mixed sugar-loaded drinks like we were crack junkies. We never managed to make anything that was insanely potent, but Jon definitely came close. Jon made a huge batch of one that consisted of maybe ten Pixie Stix, Kool-Aid with cool crystals, at least seven Warheads, different kinds of soda, lots of lemon juice, and probably some other stuff that I'm forgetting. I took the first shot, and it wasn't too bad going down, but after I threw it back, my throat felt very cold. We watched "Future War" and "Full Impact" to round off the night, which were pretty terrible in their own ways. "Full Impact" was so boring we stopped it before it ended, but "Future War" kept our attention with the exploding dinosaurs and everything. We decided to watch one Gary Daniels movie a week to keep the tradition going strong.

I'm very surprised I'm not messed up today by all the sugar I drank last night--I wonder how everyone else is doing? I know Jon drank more than any of us. Next week should be pretty interesting. Too bad Geimer won't be able to come anymore; his job has some weird hours. Rachel, Quita, Kim, and Junior stayed at Rachel's dorm the entire time, and I'm not sure why. I wish they had come to Jon's dorm; we had a lot of fun.

Well, I really should be getting to my homework now. I have a presentation in AP French that's due tomorrow and I haven't even started it yet.
Anonymous at 9:17 PM


  ¢ prénom:  Catherine
  ¢ âge:  Twenty-One
  ¢ berceau:  Raleigh, NC
  ¢ en ce moment:  Georgia
  ¢ poste:  crudesunlight {at} gmail {dot} com
  ¢ préféré:  Knitting, singing, playing guitar,
     writing music, collecting vinyls


amigone
Boredom Incarnate
Fantasyscape
Inner Voice
Mososo Kruppe!
Razored Wings
The Seraph's Atelier


  ¢ StarSpine Hoodie
  ¢ Gold Pullover
  ¢ Coupling


Je t'ai croisée
Un samedi soir
Et j'ai jeté sur ta silhouette
Une poignée d'épices colorées
Mon but était clair
T'envoûter
Tout en restant
Libre-moi et libre-toi
Car le roi de l'amour
N'a plus besoin d'esclaves

Adieu, adieu la nuit
Adieu tristesse, adieu les larmes
Je ne suis plus celui
Que tu as connu, plus le même
Ô bel enfant
Qui a tant pleuré
Adieu tout est fini
Adieu les larmes, adieu la nuit

Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour
Alors nous nous sommes séparés
Comme déjà saturés des délices du futur
Et j'ai marché seul
Guidé par ton ombre
J'ai traversé la ville déserte
Encore étincelante
Du voyage des rêveurs

Je t'ai croisé un samedi soir
Et déjà j'aimais l'odeur de ton rire
Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour

~Arthur H 

 
 Music
  ¢ Arthur H
  ¢ Blackfield
  ¢ Camille
  ¢ The Dissociatives
  ¢ Eisbrecher
  ¢ -M-
  ¢ Megaherz
  ¢ Nine Inch Nails
  ¢ Oomph!
  ¢ Porcupine Tree
  ¢ Silverchair
  ¢ Steven Wilson HQ
  ¢ Tweaker

 Other Links
  ¢ Craftster
  ¢ EML Studio
  ¢ Feministe
  ¢ Girls Read Comics
  ¢ Marnie Maclean
  ¢ Pandemian
  ¢ PostSecret
  ¢ Rainbow Parcel
  ¢ Stumptuous
  ¢ Tom and Lorenzo
  ¢ TWoP
  ¢ VG Cats
  ¢ Yarn Harlot
  ¢ You Knit What Part 2


site created using
Notepad and Photoshop CS
design by Lauren

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Powered by Blogger!