8.12.04
No More Shaving Cream and Listorene

The Social last night was actually a lot of fun--the decorations were very pretty. There was a lot of red, and teddy bears were scattered everywhere. We couldn't steal the centerpieces because they were numbered, and I heard over the intercom today that the teachers could come by the office and pick one up if they wanted. I wish they had raffled them off like they did with the Christmas trees two years ago. The food was actually pretty good too, and we had cheesecake this year instead of that weird whipped-cream with mint syrup thing that we usually have. I liked last year's food better (aside from the dessert), but I still really liked this year's. We got some big gel candles this year as well, as opposed to the tiny ones we got two years ago. Overall, I was pleased with the Social this year.

Broda showed us a video on television and the presidency this morning, and he was constantly stopping it to talk to us about things that were about to happen. He got especially excited during the Eisenhower commercials and the Nixon v Kennedy debate. Broda's a little odd.

Instead of a test on the chapter we're studying in Zoology, Coach Oliver wants us to write endangered species accounts of an endangered invertebrate, fish, amphibian, reptile, bird, and mammal to be turned in on Monday. Although he's asking for a lot of information, it doesn't seem too difficult; I just need to look up statistics for each animal and write maybe a page on them. Just as long as I have all the information, I don't think he cares how long it is. That's the nice thing about classes like AP Gov and Zoology--the only important thing is the facts, not how you write them. I'm going to try and get one of them done each night so I don't end up doing all of them on Sunday night. We'll see if I actually follow through that.

I had one of those new Diet Sprite Zero things a few minutes ago, and I'm really surprised; it actually tastes better than I expected. It's defnitely a lot better than normal Diet Sprites, and it tastes very similar to a normal Sprite. I am confused but pleased.

I found out a few days ago that Trent Reznor has pushed the date back on Nine Inch Nails's new album to next year, which irritates me. That's exactly what Porcupine Tree did. I can understand why Porcupine Tree had to delay theirs, what with Blackfield touring right now and all, but what has Trent been doing lately? It's not like he released an album recently; it's been five years already. God, the man is slow. According to the website, the album apparently is going to be called "With Teeth" or something. Wonder what that's all about.

I have to go sing at Wynnton Baptist Church tonight with the ensemble, and I'm a little less than thrilled. I'm just not in the mood today, and at some point I need to study for my Humanities test. I should be studying right now, now that I think about it; I need to get my butt off the internet pretty soon.

Alright, that's good enough for now. Later!
Anonymous at 4:19 PM


  ¢ prénom:  Catherine
  ¢ âge:  Twenty-One
  ¢ berceau:  Raleigh, NC
  ¢ en ce moment:  Georgia
  ¢ poste:  crudesunlight {at} gmail {dot} com
  ¢ préféré:  Knitting, singing, playing guitar,
     writing music, collecting vinyls


amigone
Boredom Incarnate
Fantasyscape
Inner Voice
Mososo Kruppe!
Razored Wings
The Seraph's Atelier


  ¢ StarSpine Hoodie
  ¢ Gold Pullover
  ¢ Coupling


Je t'ai croisée
Un samedi soir
Et j'ai jeté sur ta silhouette
Une poignée d'épices colorées
Mon but était clair
T'envoûter
Tout en restant
Libre-moi et libre-toi
Car le roi de l'amour
N'a plus besoin d'esclaves

Adieu, adieu la nuit
Adieu tristesse, adieu les larmes
Je ne suis plus celui
Que tu as connu, plus le même
Ô bel enfant
Qui a tant pleuré
Adieu tout est fini
Adieu les larmes, adieu la nuit

Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour
Alors nous nous sommes séparés
Comme déjà saturés des délices du futur
Et j'ai marché seul
Guidé par ton ombre
J'ai traversé la ville déserte
Encore étincelante
Du voyage des rêveurs

Je t'ai croisé un samedi soir
Et déjà j'aimais l'odeur de ton rire
Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour

~Arthur H 

 
 Music
  ¢ Arthur H
  ¢ Blackfield
  ¢ Camille
  ¢ The Dissociatives
  ¢ Eisbrecher
  ¢ -M-
  ¢ Megaherz
  ¢ Nine Inch Nails
  ¢ Oomph!
  ¢ Porcupine Tree
  ¢ Silverchair
  ¢ Steven Wilson HQ
  ¢ Tweaker

 Other Links
  ¢ Craftster
  ¢ EML Studio
  ¢ Feministe
  ¢ Girls Read Comics
  ¢ Marnie Maclean
  ¢ Pandemian
  ¢ PostSecret
  ¢ Rainbow Parcel
  ¢ Stumptuous
  ¢ Tom and Lorenzo
  ¢ TWoP
  ¢ VG Cats
  ¢ Yarn Harlot
  ¢ You Knit What Part 2


site created using
Notepad and Photoshop CS
design by Lauren

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Powered by Blogger!