12.10.04
We Lost the Skyline.

It was a rather harmless school day today--went by pretty quickly. We took a political philosophy quiz on the internet during AP Gov to figure out where we stand on issues and things like that. I ended up being a Moderate Populist; not entirely sure of what that means, but I guess that's what I am. It was an interesting little quiz, though. If you want to take it, just head on over to this page and answer all the questions. It takes a little time, and I strongly recommend clicking the links on each issue to find out exactly what each choice means, but it's an interesting way to see your views.

Today's entry title comes from the song "I Find That I'm Not There" on Porcupine Tree's album, The Sky Moves Sideways. If you like atmosperic music, check it out. It's a very well-done album.

Yes, I shamelessly plug music here. And I take a perverse pride in it, too.

But anyway, we'll be going to the sports and music hall of fame stuff in Macon tomorrow, and I can't say I'm incredibly excited. However, I am glad that it's getting me out of an Orange day with Mrs. Portwood and all, so that's good. And it also pushes back the due date of our Senior Project paper to Friday. I really should do a few things today, though, because I have a ton of stuff due Friday. I'm not even going to get into that.

I auditioned for trio after school today. There were a million girls there, so Mrs. Vinson called us up one at a time to hear us sing with two other girls of different voice parts. I decided to try out this year because it's my last year in high school and I may as well give it a shot. If I make it, it'll seriously complicate my schedule, but at least it's something I haven't done before. Seriously, chorus finds a way to rule my life every year. Some of the girls who tried out were horribly out of tune, and most of us visibly cringed, but there were also a lot of girls who were very good. Mrs. Vinson's going to post callbacks tomorrow afternoon, and the next audition for callbacks will be next Thursday. Here's to hoping I make it.

Goodbye all. I'm off to rot my brain a little bit. And get some sewing in.

Ciao!
Anonymous at 5:28 PM


  ¢ prénom:  Catherine
  ¢ âge:  Twenty-One
  ¢ berceau:  Raleigh, NC
  ¢ en ce moment:  Georgia
  ¢ poste:  crudesunlight {at} gmail {dot} com
  ¢ préféré:  Knitting, singing, playing guitar,
     writing music, collecting vinyls


amigone
Boredom Incarnate
Fantasyscape
Inner Voice
Mososo Kruppe!
Razored Wings
The Seraph's Atelier


  ¢ StarSpine Hoodie
  ¢ Gold Pullover
  ¢ Coupling


Je t'ai croisée
Un samedi soir
Et j'ai jeté sur ta silhouette
Une poignée d'épices colorées
Mon but était clair
T'envoûter
Tout en restant
Libre-moi et libre-toi
Car le roi de l'amour
N'a plus besoin d'esclaves

Adieu, adieu la nuit
Adieu tristesse, adieu les larmes
Je ne suis plus celui
Que tu as connu, plus le même
Ô bel enfant
Qui a tant pleuré
Adieu tout est fini
Adieu les larmes, adieu la nuit

Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour
Alors nous nous sommes séparés
Comme déjà saturés des délices du futur
Et j'ai marché seul
Guidé par ton ombre
J'ai traversé la ville déserte
Encore étincelante
Du voyage des rêveurs

Je t'ai croisé un samedi soir
Et déjà j'aimais l'odeur de ton rire
Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour

~Arthur H 

 
 Music
  ¢ Arthur H
  ¢ Blackfield
  ¢ Camille
  ¢ The Dissociatives
  ¢ Eisbrecher
  ¢ -M-
  ¢ Megaherz
  ¢ Nine Inch Nails
  ¢ Oomph!
  ¢ Porcupine Tree
  ¢ Silverchair
  ¢ Steven Wilson HQ
  ¢ Tweaker

 Other Links
  ¢ Craftster
  ¢ EML Studio
  ¢ Feministe
  ¢ Girls Read Comics
  ¢ Marnie Maclean
  ¢ Pandemian
  ¢ PostSecret
  ¢ Rainbow Parcel
  ¢ Stumptuous
  ¢ Tom and Lorenzo
  ¢ TWoP
  ¢ VG Cats
  ¢ Yarn Harlot
  ¢ You Knit What Part 2


site created using
Notepad and Photoshop CS
design by Lauren

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Powered by Blogger!