1.10.04
There is Such a Thing as Too Much Feminism.

My blog was giving me the ol' big sparkly eyes thing, so I decided to update. When I get the chance to go on the internet, most of the time I feel too lazy to do anything that requires thought, so I don't pay a visit to the old Blogger. I really should do so more often. But hey, here I am again!

Well, All-State auditions are next Saturday, and I can't say that I'm not nervous. I haven't exactly been to too many practices, but when I am there, I don't have a problem with the exercises. I know I should practice tonal memory a little more (singing back a series of notes that are played--harder than it looks!) because I haven't been doing that lately. I think that was one of the two things I screwed up on last year. I have to get into All-State this year because I've made it for the past three, and I found out yesterday that Mrs. Vinson's picked me to be in the All District chorus this year. That's going to be in January. See, the crazy thing about these specialty choirs is that we don't practices a few days a week for a few weeks before the concert--we get the music two days before the concert and spend just about the entire day in rehearsal, which can be rather grueling. But hey, we do sound good.

I've been making a cloth doll for the past week, and it's having its ups and downs. We don't have a sewing machine at the moment because Mom lent it to a coworker, so I've had to sew the entire doll by hand, which is a very slow process, and the finished product won't be as neat. I'm alright with that because it's a new doll pattern that I haven't tried yet, so it's a sort of "test drive" doll. It has very similar physical characteristics of a marrionnette, except the limbs aren't jointed. It's a doll more suited for display than handling. I'm still not quite sure what to make it into after the body's put together, and I can't even do that until I get a 3-inch needle. I wonder if Mrs. Vazquez has one? What am I saying, she probably does. That woman can sew.

As for the title of this entry, we've read yet another feminist story in AP Lit, and it's driving me nuts. It was the basic "men are chauvinistic jerks" and "women are smarter" type deal, and I was cringing throughout the whole thing. Why can't Mrs. Portwood pick stories that are a little more varied? Lauren and I have joked that we want to read a story about a white Protestant male just to mix it up some.

Whew, all that blogging made me tired. I'm going to go to Snopes to rot my brain out some more.
Anonymous at 5:11 PM


  ¢ prénom:  Catherine
  ¢ âge:  Twenty-One
  ¢ berceau:  Raleigh, NC
  ¢ en ce moment:  Georgia
  ¢ poste:  crudesunlight {at} gmail {dot} com
  ¢ préféré:  Knitting, singing, playing guitar,
     writing music, collecting vinyls


amigone
Boredom Incarnate
Fantasyscape
Inner Voice
Mososo Kruppe!
Razored Wings
The Seraph's Atelier


  ¢ StarSpine Hoodie
  ¢ Gold Pullover
  ¢ Coupling


Je t'ai croisée
Un samedi soir
Et j'ai jeté sur ta silhouette
Une poignée d'épices colorées
Mon but était clair
T'envoûter
Tout en restant
Libre-moi et libre-toi
Car le roi de l'amour
N'a plus besoin d'esclaves

Adieu, adieu la nuit
Adieu tristesse, adieu les larmes
Je ne suis plus celui
Que tu as connu, plus le même
Ô bel enfant
Qui a tant pleuré
Adieu tout est fini
Adieu les larmes, adieu la nuit

Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour
Alors nous nous sommes séparés
Comme déjà saturés des délices du futur
Et j'ai marché seul
Guidé par ton ombre
J'ai traversé la ville déserte
Encore étincelante
Du voyage des rêveurs

Je t'ai croisé un samedi soir
Et déjà j'aimais l'odeur de ton rire
Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour

~Arthur H 

 
 Music
  ¢ Arthur H
  ¢ Blackfield
  ¢ Camille
  ¢ The Dissociatives
  ¢ Eisbrecher
  ¢ -M-
  ¢ Megaherz
  ¢ Nine Inch Nails
  ¢ Oomph!
  ¢ Porcupine Tree
  ¢ Silverchair
  ¢ Steven Wilson HQ
  ¢ Tweaker

 Other Links
  ¢ Craftster
  ¢ EML Studio
  ¢ Feministe
  ¢ Girls Read Comics
  ¢ Marnie Maclean
  ¢ Pandemian
  ¢ PostSecret
  ¢ Rainbow Parcel
  ¢ Stumptuous
  ¢ Tom and Lorenzo
  ¢ TWoP
  ¢ VG Cats
  ¢ Yarn Harlot
  ¢ You Knit What Part 2


site created using
Notepad and Photoshop CS
design by Lauren

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Powered by Blogger!