12.8.04
Yogurt Parfaits and Speaking français--ahh, Poetry.
mood: perpendicular
music: "Happy Child" by Tweaker

So, the first week of school draws to a close, and I must say, it's completely buried me in work. I've been doing homework for hours pretty much every day, and it's not fun. Most of it is because of Zoology, which I currently despise. That thing I said about how it "shouldn't be too bad because Coach Oliver's a coach? Yeah, bull. Turns out his main profession is a Zoologist, he invented the class for Columbus High, and the lesson plan is completely his creation. So, we started taking notes immediately on the first day of school, finished taking notes on the unit the second day, and had a "quiz" on it yesterday. And by "quiz" I mean ten open-ended questions where we have to describe as much as possible about the different organelles of the animal cell. I ended up losing five points for saying ribosomes contain proteins instead of create them, lost five points for not including all of the functions of a cell wall, and missed another question completely. We took notes on Unit 2 after taking the quiz and had a quiz on that information today. I have a big problem with cramming a whole unit into one day's worth of notes and having an open-ended "quiz" on it worth 100 points the next day. I tried getting out of it and taking Human Phys. since it was on the same block, but of course, it was full. So now I'm stuck in this class, being forced to study for hours after school so I can pass these dumb quizzes--which are really tests, dammit.

Well, hopefully it'll get better over time. I'm really uncomfortable with being busy with studying for so long, since I don't have a lot of free time anymore. I've had to turn down going out with Kalan twice so far because of all these projects and tests, and I feel bad for it. Hopefully things'll calm down since this is the first week of school. I miss you, free time.

Today's title comes from the stupid poem I had to write for AP Literature the other day. We were supposed to write a page about ourselves, and I hate doing stuff like that for school because I always feel like I'm showing off. Plus, assignments like that always generate poems and writings from students who "aren't the typical seventeen-year-old" and are misunderstood and all that shit. God, I hate hearing that stuff from people who think they're so individual and rebellious; ugh. Pseudo-intellectuals annoy the crap out of me. I really didn't feel like getting too deep with mine, so I just made mine light and simple. Ugh, all those "people don't understand me," and blah.

Ah, venting feels good. I'm so tired from work, I feel like bitching, but I'm good now. We're going up to Athens with Eric this Sunday to help move him back into his dorm for college, so that'll be fun. We're also going to celebrate his 20th birthday this Saturday since he'll be at college during his real birthday on the, well, 20th. God, I can't believe my brother's 20 already; that's so weird to think about.

Okay, tired now. I need to get some sleep so I'll be in good shape for my French presentation tomorrow. And then I can concentrate on the projects that are due on Monday. And Wednesday. And Thursday.

Someone please, shoot me now.
Anonymous at 10:52 PM


  ¢ prénom:  Catherine
  ¢ âge:  Twenty-One
  ¢ berceau:  Raleigh, NC
  ¢ en ce moment:  Georgia
  ¢ poste:  crudesunlight {at} gmail {dot} com
  ¢ préféré:  Knitting, singing, playing guitar,
     writing music, collecting vinyls


amigone
Boredom Incarnate
Fantasyscape
Inner Voice
Mososo Kruppe!
Razored Wings
The Seraph's Atelier


  ¢ StarSpine Hoodie
  ¢ Gold Pullover
  ¢ Coupling


Je t'ai croisée
Un samedi soir
Et j'ai jeté sur ta silhouette
Une poignée d'épices colorées
Mon but était clair
T'envoûter
Tout en restant
Libre-moi et libre-toi
Car le roi de l'amour
N'a plus besoin d'esclaves

Adieu, adieu la nuit
Adieu tristesse, adieu les larmes
Je ne suis plus celui
Que tu as connu, plus le même
Ô bel enfant
Qui a tant pleuré
Adieu tout est fini
Adieu les larmes, adieu la nuit

Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour
Alors nous nous sommes séparés
Comme déjà saturés des délices du futur
Et j'ai marché seul
Guidé par ton ombre
J'ai traversé la ville déserte
Encore étincelante
Du voyage des rêveurs

Je t'ai croisé un samedi soir
Et déjà j'aimais l'odeur de ton rire
Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour

~Arthur H 

 
 Music
  ¢ Arthur H
  ¢ Blackfield
  ¢ Camille
  ¢ The Dissociatives
  ¢ Eisbrecher
  ¢ -M-
  ¢ Megaherz
  ¢ Nine Inch Nails
  ¢ Oomph!
  ¢ Porcupine Tree
  ¢ Silverchair
  ¢ Steven Wilson HQ
  ¢ Tweaker

 Other Links
  ¢ Craftster
  ¢ EML Studio
  ¢ Feministe
  ¢ Girls Read Comics
  ¢ Marnie Maclean
  ¢ Pandemian
  ¢ PostSecret
  ¢ Rainbow Parcel
  ¢ Stumptuous
  ¢ Tom and Lorenzo
  ¢ TWoP
  ¢ VG Cats
  ¢ Yarn Harlot
  ¢ You Knit What Part 2


site created using
Notepad and Photoshop CS
design by Lauren

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Powered by Blogger!