18.8.04
MEAT.
mood: italicized
music: "Open Mind" by Blackfield

Whew, I just finished the stuff I needed to do for my French project--I'll be presenting it tomorrow. I need to review a little bit more for the Zoology test I have tomorrow as well as the two AP Gov quizzes. Oh yeah, I need to look over the CHS handbook for the that test tomorrow, too. They changed some stuff. Otherwise, I think I'm pretty much done with the crunch work for this week. Kalan's going to pick me up from school tomorrow so we can spend some time together, and I'm really looking forward to that. I haven't seen him in nearly two weeks! Damn you, school! Damn you!

Time for more music updates: Blackfield have increased the soundclips for their album tracks to one minute long each, so you can get more out of the samples. Listen to them; they're really good. One of my favorites is "Pain" because I love the sound of Aviv Geffen's voice--I'm glad he gets some songs to himself. Not that I don't love Steve Wilson, too. He's my favorite Brit. Their CD officially comes out on August 23rd (hopefully in America as well), so I highly recommend you check them out. Some of the best melancholic rock I've heard.

The Dissociatives have officially released their music video "Horror with Eyeballs" on their website, so if you haven't already watched it, now's a good time. Plus, their album has been released in New Zealand under Virgin Records, so hopefully they'll be released in America sometime soon. Looks like I'm still going to have to order their CD off Ebay.

On the Nine Inch Nails website, Trent Reznor's stated that they've recorded a lot of tracks for the new album that's being released this year. He's crossed out the names of the tracks as well as the CD itself, so it's still a complete mystery. I'm not even quite sure when it'll be released--possibly in the late fall. Something to look forward to.

Of course, Porcupine Tree is plodding along with their new CD, expected to come out sometime in September. They've recorded the demos and are deciding which of these tracks they will include on the album:

Deadwing
Revenant
So Called Friend
Christenings
Open Car
Shallow
The Start of Something Beautiful
Halo
Arriving Somewhere But Not Here
Glass Arm Shattering
Mother and Child Divided
Lazarus
Mellotron Scratch
Half-light

Ooh, sounds exciting. Their news section on the website also has some nice black and white pictures of the recording process. I don't know how Steve Wilson can juggle the release of the Blackfield album and his own with Porcupine Tree, but he seems to be doing it. And that's why I love him.

Anyway, after that fun plugging, I orded Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban in French from Barnes and Noble the other day. It should be coming in sometime this week. I wanted that one specifically first because I like Lupin. I wonder if they've translated the fifth book yet? I'm curious as to what the cover looks like--the French covers are not the best looking, unfortunately.

Well, I really should be going off to study. I want to make all this slaving away worth something, after all.
Anonymous at 9:45 PM


  ¢ prénom:  Catherine
  ¢ âge:  Twenty-One
  ¢ berceau:  Raleigh, NC
  ¢ en ce moment:  Georgia
  ¢ poste:  crudesunlight {at} gmail {dot} com
  ¢ préféré:  Knitting, singing, playing guitar,
     writing music, collecting vinyls


amigone
Boredom Incarnate
Fantasyscape
Inner Voice
Mososo Kruppe!
Razored Wings
The Seraph's Atelier


  ¢ StarSpine Hoodie
  ¢ Gold Pullover
  ¢ Coupling


Je t'ai croisée
Un samedi soir
Et j'ai jeté sur ta silhouette
Une poignée d'épices colorées
Mon but était clair
T'envoûter
Tout en restant
Libre-moi et libre-toi
Car le roi de l'amour
N'a plus besoin d'esclaves

Adieu, adieu la nuit
Adieu tristesse, adieu les larmes
Je ne suis plus celui
Que tu as connu, plus le même
Ô bel enfant
Qui a tant pleuré
Adieu tout est fini
Adieu les larmes, adieu la nuit

Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour
Alors nous nous sommes séparés
Comme déjà saturés des délices du futur
Et j'ai marché seul
Guidé par ton ombre
J'ai traversé la ville déserte
Encore étincelante
Du voyage des rêveurs

Je t'ai croisé un samedi soir
Et déjà j'aimais l'odeur de ton rire
Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour

~Arthur H 

 
 Music
  ¢ Arthur H
  ¢ Blackfield
  ¢ Camille
  ¢ The Dissociatives
  ¢ Eisbrecher
  ¢ -M-
  ¢ Megaherz
  ¢ Nine Inch Nails
  ¢ Oomph!
  ¢ Porcupine Tree
  ¢ Silverchair
  ¢ Steven Wilson HQ
  ¢ Tweaker

 Other Links
  ¢ Craftster
  ¢ EML Studio
  ¢ Feministe
  ¢ Girls Read Comics
  ¢ Marnie Maclean
  ¢ Pandemian
  ¢ PostSecret
  ¢ Rainbow Parcel
  ¢ Stumptuous
  ¢ Tom and Lorenzo
  ¢ TWoP
  ¢ VG Cats
  ¢ Yarn Harlot
  ¢ You Knit What Part 2


site created using
Notepad and Photoshop CS
design by Lauren

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Powered by Blogger!