16.7.04
Behold: The Mother of all Makeup Books
 
mood: inspired
music: "Sleepwalking Away (feat. Nick Young)" by Tweaker
 
While I was at work today, Stacey gave me a few books and a magazine to mull over for my next haircut and dye job in two weeks.  The name of the magazine was "Short Cuts," which I thought was really cute.  One of the books she had given me was a makeup book called "Making Faces" by Kevyn Aucoin.  As soon as I opened it, I knew I had to have it--that makeup artist is a genius.  I just love makeup books and things like that.  As soon as work was over, Kalan and I stopped by Barnes and Noble where I immediately bought a copy for myself.  The book shows tons of different makeup styles (including eyelining techniques for men!) as well as a step-by-step guide on how to do each one.  I've been poring over the thing since after Kalan left at 10:30 tonight, and I must say I'm very inspired.  I plan on trying out several of them on myself and doing a little photo session.
 
I am so intrigued by the song "Sleepwalking Away" by Tweaker.  When the vocalist began to sing, I swear I had to double check the name to make sure I was reading it right.  Yep, there it was: Nick Young.  Nick.  A man's name.  If you just listened to the song, you simply can't tell whether the singer is male or female; it's completely androgynous!  That's a big part of why I love that song so much.  David Sylvan has sort of a jazzy song this time around, which I find really neat.  Creepy Will Oldham is back too, except "Ruby" isn't nearly as weird as "Happy Child" (lyrics featured on side bar!).  I wish Craig Wedren had come back on this album; he was my favorite singer on The Attraction to All Things Uncertain.  "Sleepwalking Away" is by far my favorite song on this album.
 
Okay, I know, enough of the Tweaker praise already!  If you're thinking that, be good like Chris and check it out.  It's different, but that's what makes it so damn mm-mm good.
 
The rest of the day was spent reading "The Grapes of Wrath."  Exciting, I know.  I'm fifty pages further now.  I really should read more.
 
Ooh, I can't wait until tomorrow.  My art lies in the makeup, my friends.  If only more men wore makeup!
Anonymous at 1:24 AM


  ¢ prénom:  Catherine
  ¢ âge:  Twenty-One
  ¢ berceau:  Raleigh, NC
  ¢ en ce moment:  Georgia
  ¢ poste:  crudesunlight {at} gmail {dot} com
  ¢ préféré:  Knitting, singing, playing guitar,
     writing music, collecting vinyls


amigone
Boredom Incarnate
Fantasyscape
Inner Voice
Mososo Kruppe!
Razored Wings
The Seraph's Atelier


  ¢ StarSpine Hoodie
  ¢ Gold Pullover
  ¢ Coupling


Je t'ai croisée
Un samedi soir
Et j'ai jeté sur ta silhouette
Une poignée d'épices colorées
Mon but était clair
T'envoûter
Tout en restant
Libre-moi et libre-toi
Car le roi de l'amour
N'a plus besoin d'esclaves

Adieu, adieu la nuit
Adieu tristesse, adieu les larmes
Je ne suis plus celui
Que tu as connu, plus le même
Ô bel enfant
Qui a tant pleuré
Adieu tout est fini
Adieu les larmes, adieu la nuit

Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour
Alors nous nous sommes séparés
Comme déjà saturés des délices du futur
Et j'ai marché seul
Guidé par ton ombre
J'ai traversé la ville déserte
Encore étincelante
Du voyage des rêveurs

Je t'ai croisé un samedi soir
Et déjà j'aimais l'odeur de ton rire
Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour

~Arthur H 

 
 Music
  ¢ Arthur H
  ¢ Blackfield
  ¢ Camille
  ¢ The Dissociatives
  ¢ Eisbrecher
  ¢ -M-
  ¢ Megaherz
  ¢ Nine Inch Nails
  ¢ Oomph!
  ¢ Porcupine Tree
  ¢ Silverchair
  ¢ Steven Wilson HQ
  ¢ Tweaker

 Other Links
  ¢ Craftster
  ¢ EML Studio
  ¢ Feministe
  ¢ Girls Read Comics
  ¢ Marnie Maclean
  ¢ Pandemian
  ¢ PostSecret
  ¢ Rainbow Parcel
  ¢ Stumptuous
  ¢ Tom and Lorenzo
  ¢ TWoP
  ¢ VG Cats
  ¢ Yarn Harlot
  ¢ You Knit What Part 2


site created using
Notepad and Photoshop CS
design by Lauren

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Powered by Blogger!