2.5.04
mood: all right
music: "Take Me Alive" by Tweaker


I watched Daniel Johns and Paul Mac on Rove Live the other day, and I've got to say it was a little unsettling. Is it just me or was Daniel on something? He was acting really crazy; I don't know if he was just really happy or totally hammered. People on the message boards are saying that Paul Mac probably slipped him something. Who knows? I also noticed that Daniel has gotten quite feminine since we last saw him. It's so odd to be seeing him acting so silly and all over the place, because all of the interviews and such that I've seen him do for Silverchair's Diorama depicts him as very quiet, docile, and pretty peaceful. It's weird seeing him act like a nut.

Curious about what I saw? Go a here and watch the interview. You'll see what I mean immediately. Tell me what you think in the comments box.

Notice also in the interview that Daniel gives no direct answers to any of Rove's questions. His indirect answer to whether or not Silverchair will make another CD worries me a bit. The Dissociatives is not a side project, and that worries me a bit as well. I hope this new band doesn't break up Silverchair; they're my favorite band. Daniel better remember where he came from and not think of Silverchair as a pleasant distant memory.

Anyway, we ate dinner at the house yesterday with Dad. We had steak, red potatoes, corn on the cob, mushrooms, and onions. It was really good, especially after not having anything off the grill for a little while. We went to see Secret Window at the dollar theater afterward. When we were in theater, we joked about how funny it would be if Kalan was doing projection for this particular movie, and wouldn't you know it? He was! I turned around just in time to see him adjusting the projector, but he didn't see me. Man, isn't that weird? How do we keep doing that? It was pretty funny.

I love that movie; I'm getting the DVD for it as soon as it comes out. Lauren and Kristen really liked it too, and I guess Dad did, but he didn't say very much all night. I wonder why? We were there to see him, after all.

Ah man, Tweaker is so good; I discovered them a few days ago. It's really only one guy--his name is Chris Vrenna, and he used to be the drummer for Nine Inch Nails. He's actually on the Nine Inch Nails DVD that I've got, so he left pretty recently. Tweaker does industrial music, and it's very good. I don't actually have the CD yet, but I've been listening to songs from their website, and it's really good stuff. Most of the songs are instrumentals, but Vrenna has guest singers sing a few of them, including the lead singer from The Cure, whose name escapes me at the moment. Really really good stuff.

The Senior Project stuff is due tomorrow; I'm glad I was able to find a mentor so easily. It's a bit tougher for Lauren, so I hope she can figure out something. I'm not looking forward to spending all that money for it, either. Ugh, next year's gonna kick my ass.

I'm on such a Metroid kick right now; I beat Metroid: Zero Mission this morning. The end was rather anticlimatic, but it was cool seeing her get her power suit from the Chozo ruins. Plus, it was the first time I've played Samus when she wasn't in her suit. I had a pathetic little stun gun that sounded like an electric pop gun. Extremely fierce, I know.

Mom should be back from her trip in the next thirty minutes or so. If you've read Lauren's blog yet, you'll see that we've got quite a bit to talk about.
Anonymous at 3:34 PM


  ¢ prénom:  Catherine
  ¢ âge:  Twenty-One
  ¢ berceau:  Raleigh, NC
  ¢ en ce moment:  Georgia
  ¢ poste:  crudesunlight {at} gmail {dot} com
  ¢ préféré:  Knitting, singing, playing guitar,
     writing music, collecting vinyls


amigone
Boredom Incarnate
Fantasyscape
Inner Voice
Mososo Kruppe!
Razored Wings
The Seraph's Atelier


  ¢ StarSpine Hoodie
  ¢ Gold Pullover
  ¢ Coupling


Je t'ai croisée
Un samedi soir
Et j'ai jeté sur ta silhouette
Une poignée d'épices colorées
Mon but était clair
T'envoûter
Tout en restant
Libre-moi et libre-toi
Car le roi de l'amour
N'a plus besoin d'esclaves

Adieu, adieu la nuit
Adieu tristesse, adieu les larmes
Je ne suis plus celui
Que tu as connu, plus le même
Ô bel enfant
Qui a tant pleuré
Adieu tout est fini
Adieu les larmes, adieu la nuit

Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour
Alors nous nous sommes séparés
Comme déjà saturés des délices du futur
Et j'ai marché seul
Guidé par ton ombre
J'ai traversé la ville déserte
Encore étincelante
Du voyage des rêveurs

Je t'ai croisé un samedi soir
Et déjà j'aimais l'odeur de ton rire
Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour

~Arthur H 

 
 Music
  ¢ Arthur H
  ¢ Blackfield
  ¢ Camille
  ¢ The Dissociatives
  ¢ Eisbrecher
  ¢ -M-
  ¢ Megaherz
  ¢ Nine Inch Nails
  ¢ Oomph!
  ¢ Porcupine Tree
  ¢ Silverchair
  ¢ Steven Wilson HQ
  ¢ Tweaker

 Other Links
  ¢ Craftster
  ¢ EML Studio
  ¢ Feministe
  ¢ Girls Read Comics
  ¢ Marnie Maclean
  ¢ Pandemian
  ¢ PostSecret
  ¢ Rainbow Parcel
  ¢ Stumptuous
  ¢ Tom and Lorenzo
  ¢ TWoP
  ¢ VG Cats
  ¢ Yarn Harlot
  ¢ You Knit What Part 2


site created using
Notepad and Photoshop CS
design by Lauren

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Powered by Blogger!