9.4.04
mood: musical
music: "The Killing Game" by Skinny Puppy


Yesterday's TNT was pretty entertaining; I can't believe we played DDR for five hours! I sucked, but I don't care; it was still fun. Jon let Lauren and I borrow his DDR stuff, which I'm very happy about; its the only way I'll exercise at the moment without the treadmill set up. Too bad Kalan had to leave early for work--he missed the front of Geimer's car fall off. Geimer, that's a sign to get a new car.

Lauren and I were finally able to watch Jon's Senior project movie, and damn was it funny! I liked it when Geimer got cut in half--I think that's everyone's favorite part. It was funny watching Jon rolling around like that.

Peter was incredibly nice and gave me his little guitar yesterday; it's so cute! It's a little hard to keep in tune, but I can fix that with a new set of strings, whenever I buy some. I'll need money, first. It's nice to have a travel-sized guitar for when I don't feel like lugging around my normal ones to places like Raliegh and stuff. Ah, convenience! The stuff that all lazy people crave! (delicious)

It's nice being able to get back on the computer again. We've settled into the apartment, Kristen is in North Carolina with Eric, Dad, and Dad's family, and Mom's at work. Solitude is nice. I went over to Kalan's house today and stayed until he had to get ready for work. His pets are so cute! The huskies are very pretty. All of the cats are, too; I wish Mom didn't hate cats. I'll have to wait to get one after college, I guess.

Oh yeah, I bought a Skinny Puppy CD the other day, and I love it! "The Killing Game" is my favorite song on it. It's nice to be able to find other Industrial bands out there; I can tell that Trent Reznor was inspired by them when he formed Nine Inch Nails. I'm going to buy some other CDs from them when I get some money. In the meantime, I'll just get Mom to download the CDs for me. Piracy is fun.

Inspiration for a new song hit me the other day, and I've been playing around with the chords and the melody on my guitar. I'm not quite sure what the song's going to be about yet, either. I've got the tune for the verses and the refrain done, but I don't know if I'm going to add a bridge or not. I really do need to write more songs; I've been so slow lately, but at the same time you can't rush inspiration. The last song I wrote was in February, and I'm very proud of it; some of the best lyrics I've written so far. Plus, it fits my range nicely. I need to get this song out of my head and on paper at some point.

I don't think Mom will be home from work in time to make dinner, so Lauren and I are probably going to have gratin. I'll figure something out; after all, I do all the cooking.
Unknown at 4:39 PM


  ¢ prénom:  Catherine
  ¢ âge:  Twenty-One
  ¢ berceau:  Raleigh, NC
  ¢ en ce moment:  Georgia
  ¢ poste:  crudesunlight {at} gmail {dot} com
  ¢ préféré:  Knitting, singing, playing guitar,
     writing music, collecting vinyls


amigone
Boredom Incarnate
Fantasyscape
Inner Voice
Mososo Kruppe!
Razored Wings
The Seraph's Atelier


  ¢ StarSpine Hoodie
  ¢ Gold Pullover
  ¢ Coupling


Je t'ai croisée
Un samedi soir
Et j'ai jeté sur ta silhouette
Une poignée d'épices colorées
Mon but était clair
T'envoûter
Tout en restant
Libre-moi et libre-toi
Car le roi de l'amour
N'a plus besoin d'esclaves

Adieu, adieu la nuit
Adieu tristesse, adieu les larmes
Je ne suis plus celui
Que tu as connu, plus le même
Ô bel enfant
Qui a tant pleuré
Adieu tout est fini
Adieu les larmes, adieu la nuit

Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour
Alors nous nous sommes séparés
Comme déjà saturés des délices du futur
Et j'ai marché seul
Guidé par ton ombre
J'ai traversé la ville déserte
Encore étincelante
Du voyage des rêveurs

Je t'ai croisé un samedi soir
Et déjà j'aimais l'odeur de ton rire
Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour

~Arthur H 

 
 Music
  ¢ Arthur H
  ¢ Blackfield
  ¢ Camille
  ¢ The Dissociatives
  ¢ Eisbrecher
  ¢ -M-
  ¢ Megaherz
  ¢ Nine Inch Nails
  ¢ Oomph!
  ¢ Porcupine Tree
  ¢ Silverchair
  ¢ Steven Wilson HQ
  ¢ Tweaker

 Other Links
  ¢ Craftster
  ¢ EML Studio
  ¢ Feministe
  ¢ Girls Read Comics
  ¢ Marnie Maclean
  ¢ Pandemian
  ¢ PostSecret
  ¢ Rainbow Parcel
  ¢ Stumptuous
  ¢ Tom and Lorenzo
  ¢ TWoP
  ¢ VG Cats
  ¢ Yarn Harlot
  ¢ You Knit What Part 2


site created using
Notepad and Photoshop CS
design by Lauren

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Powered by Blogger!