26.4.04
mood: great!
music: "Somewhere Down the Barrel" by The Dissociatives


Ah, that's a good song. If you haven't heard it yet, go to the site and watch the music video; it's very funny. The band is made up of Daniel Johns and an electronics music guy Paul Mac who helped with Silverchair's last album, Diorama. I'd have to say that The Dissociatives sound is very similar to The Beatles and other such bands in that vein; it's very good stuff.

I spent most of the night watching Silverchair music videos, and man are they good. "Ana's Song" was very interesting with Daniel Johns in a wheelchair for most of the time and with the girl constantly washing her hands. "Without You" was very beautiful visually because it looked like the band was on a different planet like the moon, and it was very colorful. "Across the Night" was bizarre because it was intended to be like a silent movie, and Daniel looked very interesting in all that makeup. "After all these Years" was very peaceful and reflective, and Daniel looked very adorable in the last few seconds of the video. Watching them made me very happy. It's so nice having the computer to myself.

While we're still on the topic of music, I just read some great news--Porcupine Tree is coming out with their next album in September! Woo-hoo! Man, that was quick, but I'm not complaining. I wonder what it's going to be like? All of my favorite bands should be coming out with new albums soon because it's about that time again. Silverchair usually has 2-3 years in between each album, so the next should be coming soon if The Dissociatives isn't taking up too much of Daniel's time. Trent Reznor usually waits 5 years until releasing a new Nine Inch Nails album (slow bastard), and this year's the five-year mark, so I'll be expecting one soon. Porcupine Tree likes to release one every 1-2 years, so that's great; Steve Wilson's a writing machine. Oh, I can't wait!

As you've read from Lauren's blog, I went to Savannah for All State last week, and it was pretty fun, although I'm glad I'm home. We ended up waiting in line for Wendy's for an hour on our way home because people insisted on burgers, but whatever; we still got back at a reasonable time (meaning 1:30 am). I'm glad Kalan was able to meet me when I got back. I'm also glad that he was able to stay at the apartment until 4:30 am. I'm very surprised I wasn't sunburned when I came back because I spent a wary amount of time in the sun, but fortunately I returned unscathed. I bought some nice things for myself and managed presents at the same time. Budgets suck.

Savannah on a Friday nice is not the best time to go outside alone when you're a girl. Merideth and I went out to River Street and were constantly hit on by drunk patrons and GIs. We did get called "Freaks" once, which was kind of funny. It must have been the mesh shirt and the platform boots. Fortunately, we got away from the jerks pretty easily, so that was good.

Blech, Kristen has to get on the internet for school, so I guess I'd better end this now. I really should be working on my Psychology paper, anyway. Just make sure to check out those Silverchair music videos; they're very good!
Anonymous at 8:47 PM


  ¢ prénom:  Catherine
  ¢ âge:  Twenty-One
  ¢ berceau:  Raleigh, NC
  ¢ en ce moment:  Georgia
  ¢ poste:  crudesunlight {at} gmail {dot} com
  ¢ préféré:  Knitting, singing, playing guitar,
     writing music, collecting vinyls


amigone
Boredom Incarnate
Fantasyscape
Inner Voice
Mososo Kruppe!
Razored Wings
The Seraph's Atelier


  ¢ StarSpine Hoodie
  ¢ Gold Pullover
  ¢ Coupling


Je t'ai croisée
Un samedi soir
Et j'ai jeté sur ta silhouette
Une poignée d'épices colorées
Mon but était clair
T'envoûter
Tout en restant
Libre-moi et libre-toi
Car le roi de l'amour
N'a plus besoin d'esclaves

Adieu, adieu la nuit
Adieu tristesse, adieu les larmes
Je ne suis plus celui
Que tu as connu, plus le même
Ô bel enfant
Qui a tant pleuré
Adieu tout est fini
Adieu les larmes, adieu la nuit

Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour
Alors nous nous sommes séparés
Comme déjà saturés des délices du futur
Et j'ai marché seul
Guidé par ton ombre
J'ai traversé la ville déserte
Encore étincelante
Du voyage des rêveurs

Je t'ai croisé un samedi soir
Et déjà j'aimais l'odeur de ton rire
Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour

~Arthur H 

 
 Music
  ¢ Arthur H
  ¢ Blackfield
  ¢ Camille
  ¢ The Dissociatives
  ¢ Eisbrecher
  ¢ -M-
  ¢ Megaherz
  ¢ Nine Inch Nails
  ¢ Oomph!
  ¢ Porcupine Tree
  ¢ Silverchair
  ¢ Steven Wilson HQ
  ¢ Tweaker

 Other Links
  ¢ Craftster
  ¢ EML Studio
  ¢ Feministe
  ¢ Girls Read Comics
  ¢ Marnie Maclean
  ¢ Pandemian
  ¢ PostSecret
  ¢ Rainbow Parcel
  ¢ Stumptuous
  ¢ Tom and Lorenzo
  ¢ TWoP
  ¢ VG Cats
  ¢ Yarn Harlot
  ¢ You Knit What Part 2


site created using
Notepad and Photoshop CS
design by Lauren

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Powered by Blogger!