2.3.03
mood: normal
music: some Nine Inch Nails song


I've been doing a little guitar browsing on the internet today. Mr. Miles found me this really nice acrylic Les Paul on Ebay for only $246, and I found a gothic-style LTD black guitar on musiciansfriend.com for only $200. I love them to death, but I unfortunately have no way to purchase them, as I have no money. And the acrylic one is so pretty, too! I've wanted a see-through guitar for forever. Unfortunately, there is only one solution to this problem:

I have to get a job.

Yes, it's true; there's no way I get get 200 big ones from Mom and Dad, so I have to make the money myself. Oh, the price of being a musician. I would like to work at a bookstore or at least a coffeeshop in a bookstore, but there are never any openings for those jobs because you have to be insane to quit there. So then I tried guitar stores, but unfortunately there is only one small guitar store in Columbus--namely, AJ's Music, which is quite far away from my house. I'd rather not work at a large music store because once again we only have one of those in this pathetically-deprived-of-guitar-stores-town-we-know-as-Columbus and that's Everything Musical, and they probably wouldn't hire 16-year-olds anyway. So my only alternative is Publix. Being the physically-challenged human being that I am, I know it's not going to be fun pushing buggies up and down the street for four hours at a time, but hey, it could be worse; Publix is very flexible when it comes to hours, and it's stupid labor--no thought process at all. It might not be too bad, and I will be making a good chunk of change a week. What other choice do I have? I need money if I want to buy all the guitars that fit my fancy. Which are a lot. Here's a wish list of mine:

Black Takamine twelve-string
Acrylic electric guitar (any good brand will do)
Black cherry electric (like the LTD)
Mahogany Les Paul Gibson (like Michael's (VERY expensive!))
Deep blue/black acoustic-electric (preferably Takamine)

And bunches more that I will undoubtably fall in love with as soon as I set my eyes on them. The wish list above that I mentioned will cost well over 2000 smackers, so I've got some savin' to do. Not to mention save up for the AWA convention this September. All money that I've been saving up for the AWA is in a Japanese fortune cat piggy-bank, so all money going towards the AWA is affectionately dubbed "cat money." There's no way I'll be able to get that acrylic Les Paul because the auction ends in three days, so I'll have to keep my eyes open for more good ones when I get money. Thanks very much to Mr. Miles for finding it for me!!

Now I must leave to have fun with my new toy ::runs off to chained Trent::.
Anonymous at 9:42 PM


  ¢ prénom:  Catherine
  ¢ âge:  Twenty-One
  ¢ berceau:  Raleigh, NC
  ¢ en ce moment:  Georgia
  ¢ poste:  crudesunlight {at} gmail {dot} com
  ¢ préféré:  Knitting, singing, playing guitar,
     writing music, collecting vinyls


amigone
Boredom Incarnate
Fantasyscape
Inner Voice
Mososo Kruppe!
Razored Wings
The Seraph's Atelier


  ¢ StarSpine Hoodie
  ¢ Gold Pullover
  ¢ Coupling


Je t'ai croisée
Un samedi soir
Et j'ai jeté sur ta silhouette
Une poignée d'épices colorées
Mon but était clair
T'envoûter
Tout en restant
Libre-moi et libre-toi
Car le roi de l'amour
N'a plus besoin d'esclaves

Adieu, adieu la nuit
Adieu tristesse, adieu les larmes
Je ne suis plus celui
Que tu as connu, plus le même
Ô bel enfant
Qui a tant pleuré
Adieu tout est fini
Adieu les larmes, adieu la nuit

Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour
Alors nous nous sommes séparés
Comme déjà saturés des délices du futur
Et j'ai marché seul
Guidé par ton ombre
J'ai traversé la ville déserte
Encore étincelante
Du voyage des rêveurs

Je t'ai croisé un samedi soir
Et déjà j'aimais l'odeur de ton rire
Et le soleil de minuit a brillé pour nous
Jusqu'à l'arrivée du jour

~Arthur H 

 
 Music
  ¢ Arthur H
  ¢ Blackfield
  ¢ Camille
  ¢ The Dissociatives
  ¢ Eisbrecher
  ¢ -M-
  ¢ Megaherz
  ¢ Nine Inch Nails
  ¢ Oomph!
  ¢ Porcupine Tree
  ¢ Silverchair
  ¢ Steven Wilson HQ
  ¢ Tweaker

 Other Links
  ¢ Craftster
  ¢ EML Studio
  ¢ Feministe
  ¢ Girls Read Comics
  ¢ Marnie Maclean
  ¢ Pandemian
  ¢ PostSecret
  ¢ Rainbow Parcel
  ¢ Stumptuous
  ¢ Tom and Lorenzo
  ¢ TWoP
  ¢ VG Cats
  ¢ Yarn Harlot
  ¢ You Knit What Part 2


site created using
Notepad and Photoshop CS
design by Lauren

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Powered by Blogger!